Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6161819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Bad Boxing Day shopping experience at Marstar

Expired Business
    TT270wsm;
    " in no better words calling your customer a liar, or in general just acting like an a$$-hole to some of the existing and potential customers in this thread.
    Thank you for your kind words and astute observations.

ALL we needed was his ID, he refused....

"I just can't help but feel bad for whoever buys Marstar some day, they'll be cleaning up a bad reputation for service for longer than I'll be alive. "
    I did not know you were interested, I had better advise those that are....
    John

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Angry_Kraut View Post
    I honestly feel dumber for having read through this whole thread. What really shocks and amazes me is, this isn’t the first thread to complain about Marstar and probably a dozen plus regarding their continual inability to update their website. Given the numerous e-commerce based companies across Canada, I don’t understand why people continue to support this business. Having read John’s comments in this thread and his attitude towards his customers (OP), no matter how wrong the OP is, public name calling just illustrates how juvenile John really is. I would like to thank you John for providing me with a very clear picture of how you operate and the type of business you run. I shall take my business and ensure all my family members, hunting buddies, and fellow trap shooters take their business elsewhere as well. With that attitude I hope you have enough diehard fanboys to continue supporting your business.
    Thank you for reading this file and your continued support
    I really appreciate being called a juvenile, but I'm afraid you are several decades late....
    John

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    Thank you for reading this file and your continued support
    I really appreciate being called a juvenile, but I'm afraid you are several decades late....
    John

No, his description of your actions is right up to date.
    waterwheel

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by waterwheel View Post

Wha? Have another look. The rifles are too long for the hard case from the looks of the pictures. It looks like the rifles were shipped with the end sticking out of the cases. And then packaged with cardboard that is entirely and obviously insufficient for getting shipped through CP. If that's the case (and that's what the pics look like) then heck yeah, Marstar's absolutely at fault here. It looks like the shipping dept. simiply didn't give a dam, threw them in too-short boxes and then handed them over to CP. Like they don't give a crap. And then follow it up with a resolution that involves insulting the client and facetious comments. Also like they don't give a crap.
    waterwheel
    THE SVT rifles fit just fine when placed on an angle, we have shipped hundreds over the past few months with complete success, NOT one single damage issue.... .... The only problem here is that the parcel met with the Canada Post parcel destruct team....
    Please make certain you have all the facts befoe making such ridiculous statements and embarrassing yourself
    John

Expired Business
    It is quite obvious that there is nothing I can say, do, change, alter, to have people understand how this mess started, so I won't
    The customer is 1000000000% right
    Marstar is 1000000000000% wrong
    John handled it wrong and knows nothing....

I think I covered everything ?
    A couple of years ago I backed off trying to reply here it appeared to be waste of time with most present, I have come full circle I am back at that place....

Since I am obviously inept, rude, etc, etc, I simply won't reply on CGN, someone from our staff will.... You can try bullying him/her for a while

maybe once the company changes hands I can sit back and see how long their patience will endure ?
    John

CGN Ultra frequent flyer luke s's Avatar
    I had an SVT arrive from marstar in the same marstar case, no muzzles sticking out, no issues. Im sure there have been hundreds shipped like it, and no damage

got another coming next week, should be fine as well

future simple cheap solution for marstar to CP destruction proof packages: tape each end of the case shut prior to wrapping in the cardboard

Quote Originally Posted by waterwheel View Post

Wha? Have another look. The rifles are too long for the hard case from the looks of the pictures. It looks like the rifles were shipped with the end sticking out of the cases. And then packaged with cardboard that is entirely and obviously insufficient for getting shipped through CP. If that's the case (and that's what the pics look like) then heck yeah, Marstar's absolutely at fault here. It looks like the shipping dept. simiply didn't give a dam, threw them in too-short boxes and then handed them over to CP. Like they don't give a crap. And then follow it up with a resolution that involves insulting the client and facetious comments. Also like they don't give a crap.
    waterwheel
    The muzzles would not have been sticking out the way finally pictured but they are too long for those cases. When ever you purchase a hard case, always ensure that there are no parts of the rifle touching the plastic hard body; the results of transport often end with images provided by John.

On this case when you close with an SVT40, the muzzle is actually JUST between the first index lines in the case. The second case where the muzzle still somewhat "inside" the case is highlighting where the muzzle would rest. Often you do not get a full closure with this rifle in the case (read an actual seal along all edges of the case).

Truth is the SVT40 is a god damned LONG rifle that very VERY few hard cases will accommodate.

I'm less disappointed with Marstar's packaging then their final response. It's again the rhetoric of non-information while ignoring the numerous times OP has stated that they have called and emailed. And of course we're stuck with very unclear pictures of what's going on. Marstar can continue denying ever being contacted here because if they post the OP's name/private information, then it's a bad day dealing with the Privacy Act. The OP doesn't want to post his Private Information well because it would be damned stupid to do so. Then again, you can learn a LOT about the OP ((his home town, his range activities etc etc)) just by reading his past posts; it doesn't take long to find information on people when you know where to look. Where as Marstar of course doesn't post its HOME address/phone for contact and again don't blame em.

The fact that there are this many threads, with the same underlining problem; communication. Shows that there's something needing addressing. You look in all these threads and it's not the price, it's not even the delivery times, it's not really the packaging, it always comes down to Com Lines are out of whack. OP here didn't want to continue with the order after a first kafuffle; and after cancelling the order was placed anyway. Then when the condition of the rifles was noted, OP contacts and gets nothing; told "SHOT SHOW" so waits til that's done, still nothing. Makes a thread and gets insulted for 25 pages.

You know, there's one outcome that I truly would have entertained wanting to see; OP said that the parcel had sat at CP waiting for pick up from Marstar for a week. I'm curious what would have happened in all this if Marstar just didn't pick it up? After CP turns the rifles over to RCMP ((I'd assume)), then what?

BANNED
    I've never had an issue with Marstar but to be honest I haven't ordered anything from there in a number of years. I still window-shop there, still waiting on specific ammo to magically appear. Among the best milsurp sites in Canada.

Man this has got to be one of the best threads I've read on CGN in a long time. Thx for the cheap entertainment.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer kamlooky's Avatar
    Someone should stickie this......
    Confucius say, "putting long gun in short crate will have pipe out end protruding".
    He has a half-tracked mind and unrelenting habit of self aggrandizing.
    Can anyone guess?