Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 515171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Bad Boxing Day shopping experience at Marstar

CGN Ultra frequent flyer redddogg69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter1of38 View Post
    Hmmmm....you selling the Diplomat?

It's Ribrageous at Montana's!
    Not a chance. Kept the upper and just traded the lower.
    Quote Originally Posted by kendo View Post
    Reddogg have a big iq, like a green plants, and -2 compare to a pitbulls! It is my last post concerning that gentleman,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Hokus Grey View Post
    Sorry for doing whatever I want on the internet. Sometimes you can ask a smart question and still get a stupid answer, life's like that.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevebot-7 View Post
    I not going to lie, I don't think I understood half of that.

Either send the guns back and get a refund, or keep them. The world is your oyster.
    Exactly. You can either buy the car from the guy sleeping with your wife, or not. The world is your oyster. No need to get upset or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by BCshooterFMJ View Post
    Wow, holy #### I am laughing so hard right now... Well, next time skip the "Fine Cubans" and just get your local store to order the guns for a few bucks more I guess?

Best thread ever.
    Good idea, but look into it before going that route. Ask the dealer, he'll look it up in his suppliers book, and hopefully he has more than one supplier. Then he may tell you that they'll import it (even if it has already been imported and sitting on a shelf in a warehouse somewhere in Canada) and you'll need to eat the costs for importing, and the 40% margin for the supplier, and the 40% margin for the store itself. A US$2000 gun ends up costing $3500, but hey you save on shipping. If the local store doesn't have it, I don't order it. If anything, I ask if there is a list for notification if stock ever arrives, and to be called in that event. Way back I when I was trying to get Volquartsen parts for my 10/22, I actually drove to the US and bought them myself. Extractor was $30 and hammer was $35, back when we had parity in 2008. Before I did that, I talked to the local store about getting those parts, and I got this story about the supplier having them and they just need to be backordered which would take around 2 months (!!!) and the hammer would cost $85. I didn't bother asking about the extractor.

Bottom line, know your prices, find deals where you can. First time dealing with someone, call them and talk to them. I'll still deal with companies that have given trouble with online orders, but I don't do business with them online anymore. It is almost like two distinct entities, as you have some online goomba processing orders or working the system, and you have front-line clerks at the desk and phone. And if the online shop does not have an address and/or phone number, just skip them.

And whoever packaged that box needs a slap upside.
    Last edited by Tack Driver Armoury; 01-30-2014 at 04:05 PM.

Im extremely impressed with your professionalism. Some on here may not like what you have to say and thats tough for them. Others simply don't have a life and demand all details but they forget that you like many others have other responsibilities in life.

I appreciate your open and honest writhing, I hope it works out in the end.

Neil
    "23.Only one sigline picture is allowed, and the height of the picture must be no more than 100 pixels.

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum..._general_rules"

BANNED

I am not an expert, but that does not looked like it is properly packaged.
    Just my observation....
    It is far better to ask for forgivness, then beg for permission.

Hmm.. No apologies for the insulting insinuation that this situation never occurred, no admission that POSSIBLY the rifle was too small for the hardcase in which it was shipped (which from the angle of the picture it does look it), no comment regarding the OP's alleged attempt to contact your staff on multiple occasions before this package showed up, still claiming that the OP should have done more to contact YOU to resolve YOUR problem, in no better words calling your customer a liar, or in general just acting like an a$$-hole to some of the existing and potential customers in this thread.

It's all just somebody else's fault, all the time, right? Must be difficult to keep such a perfect track record in these difficult situations.

Your grade for service: F

I just can't help but feel bad for whoever buys Marstar some day, they'll be cleaning up a bad reputation for service for longer than I'll be alive.

Quote Originally Posted by laredo318 View Post
    I am not an expert, but that does not looked like it is properly packaged.
    Just my observation....
    looks like they were packaged fine in cases. then air dropped from a 1000 feet.

john what kind of discount are those "horribly abused" svt's going for now?
    Si vis pacem para bellum. "If you want peace, prepare for war".

We really need to institute a CGN version of the "Razzies". This thread would be a nominee in the Marstar section for "Best Comedic Drama". Not quite of the same quality of: "Shooting into Space" (Documentary); "Taking a Shower with my Rifle" (Romantic Comedy); "M14 meets Dishwasher" (Science Fiction); or "I don't want to make any friends, just get access to the EE" (Drama), but a solid nominee nonetheless.

This is an excellent example of a thread with no clear objective, but with great efforts made to try to achieve it.
    Last edited by Andy; 01-30-2014 at 04:15 PM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 223762 View Post
    looks like they were packaged fine in cases. then air dropped from a 1000 feet.

john what kind of discount are those "horribly abused" svt's going for now?

Wha? Have another look. The rifles are too long for the hard case from the looks of the pictures. It looks like the rifles were shipped with the end sticking out of the cases. And then packaged with cardboard that is entirely and obviously insufficient for getting shipped through CP. If that's the case (and that's what the pics look like) then heck yeah, Marstar's absolutely at fault here. It looks like the shipping dept. simiply didn't give a dam, threw them in too-short boxes and then handed them over to CP. Like they don't give a crap. And then follow it up with a resolution that involves insulting the client and facetious comments. Also like they don't give a crap.
    waterwheel

I honestly feel dumber for having read through this whole thread. What really shocks and amazes me is, this isn’t the first thread to complain about Marstar and probably a dozen plus regarding their continual inability to update their website. Given the numerous e-commerce based companies across Canada, I don’t understand why people continue to support this business. Having read John’s comments in this thread and his attitude towards his customers (OP), no matter how wrong the OP is, public name calling just illustrates how juvenile John really is. I would like to thank you John for providing me with a very clear picture of how you operate and the type of business you run. I shall take my business and ensure all my family members, hunting buddies, and fellow trap shooters take their business elsewhere as well. With that attitude I hope you have enough diehard fanboys to continue supporting your business.