Page 12 of 90 FirstFirst ... 245678910111213141516171819202232 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ 958 "Teaser!"

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    I don't see a non-chrome lined barrel as a weak point, if a person maintains their firearm properly a non-chromed lined barrel performs and lasts just fine.
    I disagree, I think if the 958 is going to come in 762x39 then it would be better to have a chrome lined barrel as it significantly reduces the chances of corroding your barrel if you use corrosive ammo. Not everyone is able to clean their rifle right away after shooting and corrosive ammo can mess up a barrel pretty fast. Whatever the added cost of a chrome lined barrel will be I'm sure will save money in the long run buying corrosive ammo instead of non-corrosive 762x39, which is getting very expensive. Plus Norinco is able to provide a chrome lined barrel on their SKS without any added cost so why can't CZ?

Looks awesome Wolverine, you've made me a happy man today.

I love the classic look on rifles, it would be cool to see a nice wooden set made up for these, maybe in addition to a polymer. Just a thought!

Look forward to hearing more

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyDaLips View Post
    I disagree, I think if the 958 is going to come in 762x39 then it would be better to have a chrome lined barrel as it significantly reduces the chances of corroding your barrel if you use corrosive ammo. Not everyone is able to clean their rifle right away after shooting and corrosive ammo can mess up a barrel pretty fast. Whatever the added cost of a chrome lined barrel will be I'm sure will save money in the long run buying corrosive ammo instead of non-corrosive 762x39, which is getting very expensive. Plus Norinco is able to provide a chrome lined barrel on their SKS without any added cost so why can't CZ?
    Would a chromed barrel prevent all the other internal parts from rusting tho if you dont clean it properly after shooting corrosive????
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyDaLips View Post
    Sorry but if you can't clean it right away hose it down with WD-40. Corrosive ammo isn't something new, and look at most of the military rifles of the past, they didn't have chrome lined bores. It's not that I am against a chrome lined barrel, I just don't base whether I will buy and enjoy a rifle that shoots surplus ammo as to whether it has a chrome lined barrel or not. I'm not saying this new rifle won't have a chrome lined barrel, I'm just saying 10 minutes when you're finished shooting is all you need. There's an old saying "you're rifle before yourself".
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Sorry but if you can't clean it right away hose it down with WD-40. Corrosive ammo isn't something new, and look at most of the military rifles of the past, they didn't have chrome lined bores. It's not that I am against a chrome lined barrel, I just don't base whether I will buy and enjoy a rifle that shoots surplus ammo as to whether it has a chrome lined barrel or not. I'm not saying this new rifle won't have a chrome lined barrel, I'm just saying 10 minutes when you're finished shooting is all you need. There's an old saying "you're rifle before yourself".
    Its nicer to have than to not have a chrome-lined barrel, and I'm very diligent about cleaning all of my guns, especially if they are non-chrome barrels shooting corrosive ammo.
    As you say, "your rifle before yourself", well I want to make sure it has the least chance of something bad occurring.

Awesome can't wait, I want 5. Non chrome lined is fine, CLEAN YOUR GUN.
    There will be a NR right?
    If it takes cz/vz mags that will be sweet.

CGN frequent flyer boss351cleveland's Avatar
    I hope it has a good set of factory iron sights ? I would like iron sights with a full length sight radius .

just the charging handle
    Is the charging handle on the left or the right side?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    right side. I frigging hope
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

I want this gun in my veins yesterday!! Mr. Wolverine you have made my day... You sir deserve a slow clap.