Page 5 of 90 FirstFirst 123456789101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ 958 "Teaser!"

I 100% agree with the chrome lined barrel comment, but I think a lot of us like stanag mags for capacity, if werent for the 10 shot stanag mags, I wouldn't have any preference.

Looks sweet so far, definitely subbing this.
    Freedom costs a buck 'o' five.

CGN frequent flyer WestIslandRifle's Avatar
    :hfu:
    member C.P.C.A, NFA and F.Q.T
    "Keep your powder dry , and your eyes on the target " R.Lee Ermey.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Any idea Grumpy on what kind of furniture this thing will sport, basic VZ furniture or a set of my custom AK wood for it ;-)???
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer AB.boy's Avatar
    Definately interested in this. Keep the teaser pics coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    I don't see a non-chrome lined barrel as a weak point, if a person maintains their firearm properly a non-chromed lined barrel performs and lasts just fine. There are also lots of folks who would disagree with the need for the rifle to come with the stanag mag well, there are lots of folks with CZ/VZ mags to use in these rifles and there are those of us (yes I am one) that would prefer it to use the CZ mags. I don't want to try and turn my red rifles into a quasi AR.
    Great answer, All very true I would hate to see the 958 being a weird looking ar variant.

I don't see a non-chrome lined barrel as a weak point, if a person maintains their firearm properly a non-chromed lined barrel performs and lasts just fine. There are also lots of folks who would disagree with the need for the rifle to come with the stanag mag well, there are lots of folks with CZ/VZ mags to use in these rifles and there are those of us (yes I am one) that would prefer it to use the CZ mags. I don't want to try and turn my red rifles into a quasi AR.
    I get what you are saying that it really isnt crucial, but even from a purely neutral stance on the matter when the csa vz58 started coming in with a chrome lined barrel, folks were specifically buying that version. Ive seen multiple threads askng where to pick up one thats cr. so even though most of us will never need that, most poeple want their rifle to be as close to the military version as possible.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    YES.
    This should be a new and improved VZ design. Keeping some of the originals still in there tho
    Last edited by bfiles; 01-29-2014 at 12:16 PM.
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BCshooterFMJ View Post
    I 100% agree with the chrome lined barrel comment, but I think a lot of us like stanag mags for capacity, if werent for the 10 shot stanag mags, I wouldn't have any preference.

Looks sweet so far, definitely subbing this.
    Hence why this should come in a pistol variant. Just saying.

I think wolverine knows about such things haha.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

This doesn't look like what I think of as a red rifle, it looks like a black rifle to me (due to built-in rails). I guess it depends on the finish and furniture they use as to what the overall aesthetic will be. I'm excited for a 7.62 modern rifle that hopefully won't cost what they're charging for XCR's.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by infidel29 View Post
    what is the cz 958, and whats the difference between it and the 858?
    Well it's 100 bigger
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales