Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M-14 Bayos?

Oh no worries, just recently I started to look for bayo for my norc, otherwise I would not have known. M5 bayonet was designed for M1 Garand, M6 is for M14, m7 was designed for M16, M9 was designed for M4. They are ALL "M's" :D The last two are interchangeable and maybe I got them wrong, maybe m7 was designed for M4, not sure.
    Freedom costs a buck 'o' five.

BCshooter got it right but you missed the M4 bayonet for the M1 carbine. Yes the M7 bayo is for the M16 and they also fit the M4's and Norinco AR'S.
    Most bayonets can also be found on ebay. Some original and possibly pricey and some new production or just plain junk "replicas".

I would be interested if they could be brought in. From reading elsewhere, you can either modify the bayonet itself or take a bit of the gas plug to fit the norinco shortys

Here's another source for anyone who's interested:

http://www.antiqueswords.com/LG_Temp...egory.php&i=13

I'm still looking for one. A bit of topic but not much. I'm kinda shocked at the lack of accessories for the M14/M305b in Canada. Seems almost everyone has or had one. The only thing you can find is archangel stocks some norc mags, spring rod and a few sight mounts. But its seems (at least to me) Wood stocks, good mags, upgraded springs, tri-rails, USGI iron sights and bayonets are not in the Canadian market at all. Most sites do not have any of this and the few or 1 that did, it's been sold out for years.
    I'm no salesman or anything but just due to the amount of these rifles in Canada I would think (and I could be wrong) that it would be worth trying to be this stuff into the market if you can.

Very hard to find now, I ended up buying one from a guy in Germany. Was a milpar in the sealed bag. Wasn't cheap though, think I paid around 160 with the scabbard

I just bought one from a surplus store in Edmonton; it was in great shape and I understood that this wouldn't be regular stock. I also received the one that I ordered from LionGate, and I highly recommend ordering one if you want it. However, expect to spend anywhere from $120 -$150 before taxes and shipping.

If anyone's interested in pics, I can get on that.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer maxman1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BCshooterFMJ View Post
    Oh no worries, just recently I started to look for bayo for my norc, otherwise I would not have known. M5 bayonet was designed for M1 Garand, M6 is for M14, m7 was designed for M16, M9 was designed for M4. They are ALL "M's" :D The last two are interchangeable and maybe I got them wrong, maybe m7 was designed for M4, not sure.
    The M9 was made for both the M16 and M4. The M7 and M9 are interchangeable on both rifles, but can only be used on AR-15s with either 20 inch or 14.5 inch barrels. Any other barrel length has too much space between the lug and the muzzle.

Also, there is the M1905 and M1 bayonets, made for the M1903 and M1 Garand (there's also the shortened M1905E1, refurbished before the M1 reached production), and the M1917, the US designation of the P1907 bayonet used on the M1917 Enfield rifle, M97 and M12 trench guns.

The M5 is an M4 with a plug that goes into the gas plug instead of a muzzle ring.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12