Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Arrivals: Enfield No2 MK! rev. in 38 S&W + Zastava M57 TT and M70A TT !!!

Quote Originally Posted by LSB View Post
    is it in oil or in cosmoline???
    I believe oil,,, I had to pry the bullet out of the chamber each time with a pocket knife,,,, first I thought it was surplus ammo,, but my Russian Tok cycled flawlessly with the same ammo... I've cleaned up better and used frog lube,, it does seem smoother when I rack it. I haven't fired it since or tried a different mag..
    CZ 75 SP01 Shadow Canadian Edition
    Steyr M40-A1
    Ruger 10/45 Lite
    Glock 17

Quote Originally Posted by StrikerSW View Post
    Order a Zastava M57 at noon on Wednesday and it was delivered at 11:00 on Friday, less than 48 hours from calling. That's the fastest service I have ever had buying a firearm. Woman I spoke to on the phone was also very nice to deal with. Packing was very well done, with extra magazine wrapped separately so there was no chance to scratch the pistols finish. Pistol looks very nice, dripping in oil and needs a good cleaning, after that if anyone is interested I'll post a picture. Nice pistol to shoot 7.62X25.

I'll definitely be a returning customer.
    Have you fired it yet?,,, how does it shoot?
    Thanks
    Steyr M40-A1
    Ruger 10/45 Lite
    Glock 17

Quote Originally Posted by Terry135 View Post
    I ordered two, one for me and one for my friend.... My friends is very nice, but mine is sticky with a lot of friction in the trigger and won't cycle ,,, hopefully it will wear in after a better cleaning and a few hundred rounds...
    I took mine apart and degreased it with simple green degreaser, cleaned with boiling water and then applied Frog Lube to peices when hot. Got rid of the factory oil and smoothed out the pistol including magazine eject. Feels good, much smoother action and trigger.
    If at first you don't succeed ................... sky diving is not for you.

I believe oil,,, I had to pry the bullet out of the chamber each time with a pocket knife,,,, first I thought it was surplus ammo,, but my Russian Tok cycled flawlessly with the same ammo... I've cleaned up better and used frog lube,, it does seem smoother when I rack it. I haven't fired it since or tried a different mag..
    Just took it to the range,,, it cycled a lot better with a good clean & lube... still had a jam so maybe with a little more use it'll improve even more...
    Steyr M40-A1
    Ruger 10/45 Lite
    Glock 17

I cast my own 38S&W bullets and reload that ammo is anyone needs info.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson, 1775.

I ordered two, one for me and one for my friend.... My friends is very nice, but mine is sticky with a lot of friction in the trigger and won't cycle ,,, hopefully it will wear in after a better cleaning and a few hundred rounds...
    Mine was the same way...sticky, dragging trigger. I watched a YouTube video on trigger disassembly, pulled mine apart and discovered that there is a spring tab in the grip that prevents the trigger from being pulled when there isn't a mag in the grip. It was dragging. I pried it out just a little, and viola, no more draggy trigger!
    "The right to buy weapons is the right to be free" A.E.Van Vogt

I got my M57 a couple of weeks ago.

Lady on the phone was very nice, shipping was fast, well packed.

The slide-stop pin came worn on mine from the factory, gun flew apart after a few rounds. Zastava can not send you replacement parts directly, and they mostly ignore your e-mails. I can't find parts anywhere, so a note, if you have problems dealing with it could take a very long time.

TradeEx is going to order some parts in, fingers crossed!

Shot my Zastava M70A today, and let a few shooting buddies give it a try, and everyone liked it.
    Cheap to shoot in 9mm & accurate, the only downside is the 10lb? trigger pull. Enthusiasts on Ytube
    suggest straightening the leaf spring in the grip to reduce trigger pull to a reasonable level.
    I'll try it and report back.

TradeEx is going to order some parts in, fingers crossed!
    I trust them to source the parts. They have a good reputation and help all customers as much as possible.
    CSSA, NRA Swag Owner

Quote Originally Posted by machman View Post
    Shot my Zastava M70A today, and let a few shooting buddies give it a try, and everyone liked it.
    Cheap to shoot in 9mm & accurate, the only downside is the 10lb? trigger pull. Enthusiasts on Ytube
    suggest straightening the leaf spring in the grip to reduce trigger pull to a reasonable level.
    I'll try it and report back.
    I tried this trick today and it TRANSFORMED the trigger pull. It made a cranky pistol into a very nice shooter.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123