Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beware of liars and scammers!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lyman54 View Post
    I got 2 scammers like this when I had a motorcycle up for sale. One of them threatened to send the FBI after me if I didn't go through with the deal. Had a laugh over that one.
    I also had a similar experience a while ago, I didn't go through with it either.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by lyman54 View Post
    I got 2 scammers like this when I had a motorcycle up for sale. One of them threatened to send the FBI after me if I didn't go through with the deal. Had a laugh over that one.
    The FBI.. that's funny

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mil Specs View Post
    If you have contacted the police there are fraud reporting forums on cgn , there are rules though for posting the details .
    The fraud reporting forum is only for transactions that originate at CGN Equipment Exchange Section. Please do not put fraudulent and scams that occur in other auctions/websites/forums in CGN fraud reporting section.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by pig_man View Post
    The ###### scam is well documented. They seemingly send you asking price + additional funds to forward to shipper - using spoof email. They tell you the funds are on hold until you pay the shipper... You send money to the 'shipper', and they walk away with your money. '######' is never actually involved. Mostly vehicles for sale on kijiji are targeted on this one. But other high price items as well. Beware! Only deal in person. Preferably with cash.
    I've done lots of selling on Kijiji and had MANY idiots try to scam me this way....don't fall for it!
    with great power comes great responsibility.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by General Gun View Post
    We do not usually resort to posting information about people we deal with in our private lives but this needs to be seen by as many people in the gun community as possible.
    Our owner recently tried to purchase a Colt AR through another forum using EMT. After the money was transferred this individual claimed his email account had been hacked and the money from the transaction had been supposedly stolen. We have tried to work with this scammer for some time now to try and finish this transaction. This clown tried to extort more money for this item and now won’t respond to emails and has seemingly disappeared.
    So if you come across anyone using the following emails beware, you just might end up getting the short end of the stick!
    geeadelop@outlook.com or bossyany2k@outlook.com
    Thank you for the information. I have recently purchased from you and found you to be an outstanding and excellent sponsor for CGN: I certainly weould not wish a scam like this on anyone, but least of which on someone as outstanding as you. Good luck!
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

Quote Originally Posted by weenog View Post
    Don't ever send money for a restricted firearm.without first completing the transfer and getting your
    Confirmation number.
    I would never sell a restricted firearm without EMT first.
    NFA and CSSA Member
    PCHFC and DVC Range Member
    IPSC, LEAP, PPC and Trap Competition Shooter

Scammers

Quote Originally Posted by weenog View Post
    You should be aware that for non-restricted firearms, even in the absence of the Federal Firearms Registry, the purchaser must still possess a valid Possession and Acquisition License (PAL) to purchase a firearm, and that seller must still possess a valid Possession and Acquisition License (PAL) or Possession Only License (POL) to legally possess the firearms that he/she is trying to sell. As a lesson in the future. Get the seller to send you there RPAL. To prove name and address. Don't ever send money for a restricted firearm.without first completing the transfer and getting your
    Confirmation number.
    I got scammed on a Nightfirce scope. The scammer sent me a scan of a RPAL showing his name, photo, and gave me an address in northern Alberta and a phone number. I phoned him and everything appeared ok, so I EMT'd the funds to him and never heard from him again. His phone number was a mobile and it was taken down. I traced the email address to Africa, so I reported it to the RCMP. They couldn't do a thing to trace how he got the RPAL forgery or trace the email to him. My bank could not recover the funds either. This took place on another gun trading site, and the administrators could not provide me with any info. on him. I now only deal with traders with a 100% rating over 25 transactions, and every time I send an EMT I expect a possibility of fraud. What we need on all sites is an escrow service to handle the funds until the product is delivered. I would gladly pay for such a service.
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ljones's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Derby View Post
    I got scammed on a Nightfirce scope. The scammer sent me a scan of a RPAL showing his name, photo, and gave me an address in northern Alberta and a phone number. I phoned him and everything appeared ok, so I EMT'd the funds to him and never heard from him again. His phone number was a mobile and it was taken down. I traced the email address to Africa, so I reported it to the RCMP. They couldn't do a thing to trace how he got the RPAL forgery or trace the email to him. My bank could not recover the funds either. This took place on another gun trading site, and the administrators could not provide me with any info. on him. I now only deal with traders with a 100% rating over 25 transactions, and every time I send an EMT I expect a possibility of fraud. What we need on all sites is an escrow service to handle the funds until the product is delivered. I would gladly pay for such a service.

That is informative but how does one develop a 100 percent rating over 25 transactions if everyone is afraid to deal with someone with less... sad what this world has come to...
    No such thing as too much ammunition or toilet paper...

CGN Regular
    I got scammed a few year ago on a gun I bought from firearms canada site the rcmp have bigger fish to fry,they don't care about these scammers.some of these scammers get away with tens of thousands of dollars worth of scams a year with no repercussions.I never heard of anyone getting thier money back.What needs to happen is give these guys a one year mandatory jail sentence that will make them think twice.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scott_r's Avatar
    Scams are just the nature of the beast here. If you don't want to be scammed either buy new or meet face to face, inspect the goods and pay cash. I will sell goods to anyone here but wont buy from anyone new with a trading under 25 thats not perfect. No offence to our new guys either.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast