Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beware of liars and scammers!

Business Member
    230 Eugenie Street West, Windsor, Ontario N8X 2X6

Beware of liars and scammers!

We do not usually resort to posting information about people we deal with in our private lives but this needs to be seen by as many people in the gun community as possible.
    Our owner recently tried to purchase a Colt AR through another forum using EMT. After the money was transferred this individual claimed his email account had been hacked and the money from the transaction had been supposedly stolen. We have tried to work with this scammer for some time now to try and finish this transaction. This clown tried to extort more money for this item and now won’t respond to emails and has seemingly disappeared.
    So if you come across anyone using the following emails beware, you just might end up getting the short end of the stick!
    geeadelop@outlook.com or bossyany2k@outlook.com

People are awful. Thanks for the heads up. Today I got a reply to my kijiji ad for a dirtbike from someone requesting to pay by ###### and a shipping company. I was driving so I told my wife to respond "go **** yourself" she added "with a rusty knife". I want to marry her all over again.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by McCDan View Post
    People are awful. Thanks for the heads up. Today I got a reply to my kijiji ad for a dirtbike from someone requesting to pay by ###### and a shipping company. I was driving so I told my wife to respond "go **** yourself" she added "with a rusty knife". I want to marry her all over again.
    Sorry for my ignorance... what's the issue re: ###### and a shipping company? Is it the concern that they will claim that they did not receive the product and then ###### takes the money back? But if you use a shipping company, you have documentation of the delivery, don't you?
    CSSA CCFR CPC

BANNED
    Really sad that we cannot trust people to honour their word......that is why I try to deal person to person as much as possiable as there are so many scammers out there.....

CGN Regular
    where does he live? i think you can trace where this guys money is going to because it's going into
    his bank account so theres a paper trail. have you talked to the bank?

get his address and post it here after. have some friendly forum members visit him or something.

Was it firearms Canada? I was considering buying a Mossberg 590 from that site but after one look at the reported sellers section I decided not to.

If you have contacted the police there are fraud reporting forums on cgn , there are rules though for posting the details .
    acyrologiaphobia – the feer of the incorrect use of english?

This is a pretty easy fix. Follow the money then sue. Tada!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer st1264's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TJspeller View Post
    Sorry for my ignorance... what's the issue re: ###### and a shipping company? Is it the concern that they will claim that they did not receive the product and then ###### takes the money back? But if you use a shipping company, you have documentation of the delivery, don't you?
    Kijiji is an online local classified, like the local paper used to be. All ######/w.union/shipping scenarios are scams. If you sell something this way, you'll be out your money and your item. Unfortunately, you must be very aware and careful, as the crooks are getting better at it.

Kijiji is a "cash in hand takes item" classified.

The ###### scam is well documented. They seemingly send you asking price + additional funds to forward to shipper - using spoof email. They tell you the funds are on hold until you pay the shipper... You send money to the 'shipper', and they walk away with your money. '######' is never actually involved. Mostly vehicles for sale on kijiji are targeted on this one. But other high price items as well. Beware! Only deal in person. Preferably with cash.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast