Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Firearm Give Away -- Photo Contest!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    I will throw my hat in the ring if anyone has a UTS to take photos of in Sask.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/99296147@N05/
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

Hey Grumpy,

Can the winner have preference to receive a black UTS instead of the digi camo?

Well... More reason to be excited to test out the Roadshow gun ASAP.

Now to start scheming about angles.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffFromCanada View Post
    Hey Grumpy,

Can the winner have preference to receive a black UTS instead of the digi camo?
    I would think that shouldn't be a problem at all.

I've got a can of BBQ paint I've been wondering what to do with
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Wromgway View Post
    AtMan, Swift Current is close enough to Regina, I bet we could work something out...

- Wrongway
    I'm from the queen city I am just stuck in Swift working for a few months I wonder if any of the shops have a UTAS in Regina . I come back to the big city quite frequently.

Griffin, you do some really nice work. Quite the Flickr page. I'll happily provide my toy for any photo sessions you want to put together. I'd like to see what ideas you come up with for images, there might be a prize winner in there somewhere...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wromgway View Post
    Griffin, you do some really nice work. Quite the Flickr page. I'll happily provide my toy for any photo sessions you want to put together. I'd like to see what ideas you come up with for images, there might be a prize winner in there somewhere...
    I have quite a few ideas, please private message me and we will work out a deal and some dates.
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

I missed it the last time it came through the GREATER VANCOUVER area.
    If either of the Wolverine roadshow guns pass by again, I would like to know!

Cheers,

Should buy one so I can enter the contest. Lol
    Member of CSSA
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana
    TAP, RACK, BANG

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    I really don't think that it is a valid concern. The contest is not about getting those who don't have one of these shotguns to buy one so they could enter to win one. That was never the intent, not for one minute. The purpose is two-fold. One, to show those who have been sitting on the fence, or distrusting of these shotguns that there are lots of people out there who use them and enjoy them. Having them post pictures of the various ways in which they are doing it should help to show that these are really a nice, fun and versatile little firearm (same purpose as we are hoping the roadshow will serve.) Two, to reward those who have been supporting and using these shotguns. It seems that the folks who like something are far less vocal here on the internet about things than those who dislike or think they dislike something, whether they have had any actual hands-on, practical experience with them or not. Hopefully this will give some of these folks a little incentive to post some of those pictures and write a few words to go with them. I'd rather see a shotgun go to someone who already owns and appreciates one, than to have one given away in a random draw to someone who has been slamming and bashing them without any real basis etc. (Murphy's law says that is exactly what would happen). I was also hoping that folks might have a little fun with this as well, thinking of great pictures to show the rest of us.

I'm old enough to remember the same thing happening with the black rifles when they first started showing up on ranges etc. back in the late 70's and early 80's. They were problematic and they took a pile of bashing from folks for various reasons. Once people saw others using them, things started to change. Are they for everyone, nope they are not and the same goes for the UTS-15, but that doesn't mean they deserve a lot of the crap that gets dumped on them.

This thread has also warmed the cockles of my little black heart (well it might be the Irish Whiskey) but seeing UTS owners offering to lend their shotguns to fellow shooters so they can enter the contest. Our shooting brotherhood needs more of that. Seems to me that people that are making this offer are helping as well to show folks that these shotguns work. Who knows, the guy that shows up at the range to take a person up on their offer might just end up being a life long shooting buddy. The same goes for those offering to take pictures for others, I think that is great.

Now don't get me wrong, while I understand what you are saying, please understand this isn't a random give-away contest, and it certainly wasn't done to sell more shotguns to those who can't afford them, just so they can enter a contest.

I just wanted to say thanks to Wolverine for putting on a contest like this (and under the merits that have just been explained). I've been a loyal Wolverine customer for awhile. If there is something I want I always look to Wolverine to buy it from, and if they don't stock it I have had great experiences with them special ordering it for me. (Kudos to Rob Brown - who's always my go-to guy, and Sam - both have gone the extra mile for me time and time again). I was an original UTS buyer and pre-ordered through Wolverine. I have nothing but love for my UTS and it continually turns heads when someone gets a chance to see it. I will definitely be entering the contest so you all can see it then. Thanks again for this! I look forward to adding a Camo version to my collection this summer!