Thread: Ammo for Tanfo

Ammo for Tanfo

I see that .40 S&W is in short supply.

Can lead bullets be shot in the polygonal rifling barrels? Any comments?
    Nighthawk Custom Predator II 45, Nighthawk Custom .22 upper, CZ Shadow 2, CZ Shadow 2 Canadian, CZ Shadow 1 Custom, Chiappa Rhino DS .357 Gold, SIG P-226 Elite 9mm, SIG 226 40 Upper, SIG P-320 X-Five, SIG Super Target 45, Beretta Centurion, Ruger PC Carbine Takedown 6-Position Stock 9mm Luger 18.6″ Barrel Non-Restricted

Freedom Ventures - CGN Sponsor Freedom Ventures's Avatar
    In a Tanfoglio, no problem. Just clean the barrel more than you would with copper.

that said, I've not seen any shortage of CANPRO 180s over the last 2 years if you reload.

Wolf Bullets seems to keep me supplied with 40 cal ammo for resale down here.
    Check out SFRC or Williams Arms in Ontario for Wolf Bullets Ammo.

Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/freedom.ventures.92
    Follow us on Instagram at https://instagram.com/freedom_ventures/

Please do not PM- email us at sales@freedomventures.ca

www.freedomventures.ca (902) 455-5483

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Ventures View Post
    In a Tanfoglio, no problem. Just clean the barrel more than you would with copper.

that said, I've not seen any shortage of CANPRO 180s over the last 2 years if you reload.

Thanks,

I usually buy Wolf TMJ but that's been BO'd for ages. The same is true of .45 ACP. I have a case on order with SFRC but he has lead now which is why I asked.

Gord

I usually
    Nighthawk Custom Predator II 45, Nighthawk Custom .22 upper, CZ Shadow 2, CZ Shadow 2 Canadian, CZ Shadow 1 Custom, Chiappa Rhino DS .357 Gold, SIG P-226 Elite 9mm, SIG 226 40 Upper, SIG P-320 X-Five, SIG Super Target 45, Beretta Centurion, Ruger PC Carbine Takedown 6-Position Stock 9mm Luger 18.6″ Barrel Non-Restricted

Rouge river arms has 40 s&w in bulk cheap

Quote Originally Posted by Wormald1995 View Post
    Rouge river arms has 40 s&w in bulk cheap
    Thanks Mr. Worm!!

Agree. Frequent cleaning is the answer to avoid loss of accuracy due to excessive fouling caused by a softer projectile. FMJ, I clean approximately 500-750 or so rds with 9mm. With plated, almost close. But with lead, 300-500 rds. I am still hoping to find some poly-coated bullets to which some shooters boasts of better accuracy and less fouling.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Ventures View Post

I'm a chronic, compulsive and obsessive gun cleaner so the lead won't be a problem in that respect. I thought the polygonal rifling was the same as in whatever the Glocks are and knew the latter had a lead allergy. I won't need the ammo for a while but will likely get something in in April. SFRC has always been reliable and I have no reason to change unless they can't get stock in to fill my "Backorders". I have several ammo types on "email advice" for when they get new stock. I'm glad to have an alternate source in Rouge River.

I cast bullets, and shoot IPSC. I have shot 1000s of lead rounds through my tanfoglio stock 2. No problems.

Thank you gentlemen. I came to the right place for answers.!