Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: P&D what ????

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    P&D always records your information. It gets recorded and stored. I think they do this to covers their butts. This way they have proof that they sold it to a person who could legally possess it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CdnCombatMedic's Avatar
    Well I don't like that policy simply for the fact I don't like having my information out there..
    Once it's out the door .... Show knows who has that gun.
    Never been inclined to buy from them as I find their pricing rather high in comparison.

They record it as standard policy. They however have been on here before stating that if you want your NR purchase off the books, they will happily oblige. They keep a record in case a customer has warranty issues, or if a theft occurs they can find s#'s for you if you havent recorded them.

P&D is a fantastic shop and they get most of my business as far as major purchases go. They have some super knowledgeable and friendly staff there. I'm always feeling welcome there.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stevebot-7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fufalump View Post
    They record it as standard policy. They however have been on here before stating that if you want your NR purchase off the books, they will happily oblige. They keep a record in case a customer has warranty issues, or if a theft occurs they can find s#'s for you if you havent recorded them.

P&D is a fantastic shop and they get most of my business as far as major purchases go. They have some super knowledgeable and friendly staff there. I'm always feeling welcome there.
    This.
    Death comes by subtle means; the satisfaction of routine.
    Lifetime member of CSSA and NFA.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KidGlock View Post
    Just bought a NR from P&D. never had this happen before but they took my name, address, phone number, PAL number, and expirery of PAL. At wholesale sports its just like buying a 6 pack. " can I see your PAL, ok thanks."

I thought P&D didnt do this unless the law required it. ....

Great ppl and some decent prices on some things. But my NR now has a paper trail.... or am I wrong.
    If you had spoken up, they wouldn't have. They keep records for warranty work and returns, but have stated in the past that if the customer doesn't want that info recorded, they won't record it.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bollox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_dal123 View Post
    Is It really that big of a deal? I just don't get why it's such a issue. Are you feelings like your rights have been intruded on?
    Yes, it is. Social engineering has worked great on you.

I have bought several NR firearms from P&D since the long gun registry was supposedly abolished. They recorded every one in a written ledger and had me sign it. I inquired about this practice and was told that they required it. I was not given any option to not have the info recorded.

P&D does not provide or assist in any way with any warranty issues. When I had a warranty issue with a $2000.00 NR gun that I purchased from them 5 days earlier, all they did was hand me a piece of paper with the phone number of the importer. They would not ship it, pack it, or even give me a decent cardboard box to ship it in. Using warranty as an excuse to keep a ledger is B/S.

What I don't understand is why didn't you speak up and say something when the sales person started writing down your information? You guys know you can decline your information right..? They record the information to have some sort of paper trail stating that the gun has sold and under no circumstances will the information ever be released to anyone. If you wish to have your information erased just contact them instead of making a post on a public forum and worrying people for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by KidGlock View Post
    Just bought a NR from P&D. never had this happen before but they took my name, address, phone number, PAL number, and expirery of PAL. At wholesale sports its just like buying a 6 pack. " can I see your PAL, ok thanks."

I thought P&D didnt do this unless the law required it. ....

Great ppl and some decent prices on some things. But my NR now has a paper trail.... or am I wrong.
    Wholesale wants all your info too the last time I was there they wanted it to buy a NR .22 rifle

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast