Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DPMS AR's are here!

When are we getting more?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Epoxy7 View Post
    Mine arrived today. This isn't your father's DPMS!! Pretty nice. The trigger is good too.

A couple minor things. The MOE CTR stock will be replaced with a B5 along with ergo grip. PWS enhanced tube will go on mine as well. Decently equiped though off the rack as is.

The bolt is very nice. Like an Armalite but also KAC/LMT enhanced. Huge improvement. Yes weight and size is more AR15 like than AR10. The upper lower forgings are fairly slick. They should have gone ambi but still huge improvement.

The DPMS mags don't fit in my LMT. They are also a bit too tight and don't drop free on my new GII. The KAC mag however works perfect.

I think they have a winner. The core is now really solid. A few furniture stuff to be changed but where it counts is pretty good now.
    You seem to know your way around the .308 AR market, do you have some pics of your "revised" G2. I'm committed to the Colt 901, however I am more and more interested in all the 308 AR's.All in what did the "change out" cost ya? one of my reservations of the M&P 10 was that most folks changed out the stock, hand guards etc. That's something in the Colt that I wouldn't have to. I also agree that it's too bad that the G2 didn't have a ambi lower, one thing that kept me with the Colt. Also the use of Pmags as well. Cheers

BTW have you checked out the Seekins 308? I posted a video, at the $2400 range it seems to be a excellent buy.
    Certified Colt, Glock, REM, S&W, SIG, Tikka Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Epoxy7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mildot View Post
    You seem to know your way around the .308 AR market, do you have some pics of your "revised" G2. I'm committed to the Colt 901, however I am more and more interested in all the 308 AR's.All in what did the "change out" cost ya? one of my reservations of the M&P 10 was that most folks changed out the stock, hand guards etc. That's something in the Colt that I wouldn't have to. I also agree that it's too bad that the G2 didn't have a ambi lower, one thing that kept me with the Colt. Also the use of Pmags as well. Cheers

BTW have you checked out the Seekins 308? I posted a video, at the $2400 range it seems to be a excellent buy.
    I had an extra PWS enhanced buffer tube from other builds. It was $110 when I bought it a few years ago (forgot I had it), A B5 or Magpul A frame stock is in the $120 range. A new handguard will put you in around $220. I'm not sure yet if the Norgon ambi release will fit but that's another $90. Unfortunately I don't believe the Rapter charging latch will fit as the G2 is it's own length.

Is any of this necessary? No. It's very nice right out of the box. The magpul moe I use on other carbines. The CTR moe is fine although I prefere a CTR not the moe version and for this rifl an A frame stock. The handguard is ok but a bit heavy and while having spots for bipod/sling studs it doesn't have QR points (The pws tube adds QR points at back of receiver).

I haven't seen the Seekings one yet. Lots of new 308AR rifles hitting the market.

I'm stuck right now to posting by iPhone so pictures are a pain. Mine is still stock right now. Just assembling the pieces to change it up. Mine is the Recon model.

Very nice slick looking upper/lower forgings. Nice SS 16" bead blasted barrel, decent trigger, and equiped well enough that changing things up is more personal preference. Also it had the AAC flash hider. Those were going for $200 here, $100 unStated but you couldn't get them shipped to Canada.

I'll post some pictures after I change it up from stock form.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildot's Avatar
    Yea we are on the same page about changing out the stock etc? I agree out of the box it's G2G. I like the "new" features of the G2 Recon. Once you are up and running give us a follow up. Well Done BTW.
    Certified Colt, Glock, REM, S&W, SIG, Tikka Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

Here's a picture of the Recon I bought from SFRC. The buffer tube now has the PWS enhanced tube. The Recon comes with a comercial tube/stock.

I hope to take it out shooting soon. I'm still waiting to hear back from a buddy regarding the scope. But I suspect I'll end up slapping a temp scope on just to go shoot this rifle.

Last edited by Epoxy7; 04-07-2014 at 04:42 AM.

Hey all, I have taken the GII SASS to the range a couple of times now and I am very impressed with its accuracy. So far I have put 140 rounds down range, 60 of XM80 149gr and 80 of AE .308 Win 150gr. Shoots < MOA off bipod and sitting at short bench, so no sand bag under the stock. Some 5 shot groups all 5 are touching, this is all @100yds. Needless to say I'm very happy with this rifle. I can't wait to get to the 300M range with some 175gr SMK and sand bags!

One thing to note; Magpul B.A.D. lever does not fit

I would be interested to hear if anyone has tried the Phase 5 EBRV2308 lever.

Thanks SFRC, great firearm!

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by GeneraLee; 04-12-2014 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Added picture

Nice rifle GeneralLee. If I could make one sugestion.. The PEPR mount looks a lot better with the smooth non railed ring tops on. It will keep the clean lines of the rifle.

Again nice looking SASS.
    Last edited by Epoxy7; 04-12-2014 at 05:46 PM.

CGN Regular
    X2 when you getting more? Don't like looking at the not in stock ticker!

The PEPR mount looks a lot better with the smooth non railed ring tops on. It will keep the clean lines of the rifle.
    Thank you Epoxy7, I was planning on mounting a Leupold Delta Point on the rings but it will be too high (also the turret is to high on the scope). So I will be putting the smooth tops back on the PEPR. Thinking of getting a DD 1 o'clock rail and mounting the Delta Point on the hand guard just ahead of the ejector port.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Pure Energy's Avatar
    Did you get a STATT to take that out of your house? lol. If I could hunt with that .308 model I would buy one in a second.

Here's a picture of the Recon I bought from SFRC. The buffer tube now has the PWS enhanced tube. The Recon comes with a comercial tube/stock.

I hope to take it out shooting soon. I'm still waiting to hear back from a buddy regarding the scope. But I suspect I'll end up slapping a temp scope on just to go shoot this rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Proutfoo
    having your picture in the paper with a medal around your neck holding a folding stock, pistol-gripped, shotgun with mag extension is a feat in itself

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast