Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DPMS AR's are here!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Epoxy7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pure Energy View Post
    Did you get a STATT to take that out of your house? lol. If I could hunt with that .308 model I would buy one in a second.
    Couple things about that. First off the picture doesn't show the structure this was taken in or it would be obvious that your concern doesn't apply. Also the Criminal Code definition of dwelling house is interesting. Third rather than a STAT another question could be was a form six used? Not to worry everything was on the up and up for that photo.

Yes it is a shame the restricted status and limits in Canada. You could however if close to the border take it to the States and use it as a hunting rifle. Plus buy a couple regular capacity mags over there and leave them if you or a trusted friend has a residence there. But yes the Canadian regulations are a tragedy with the AR. No legitimate sporting use? It's only this generations Mauser action. It's the very definition of North Americas sporting rifle.
    Last edited by Epoxy7; 04-14-2014 at 04:06 AM.

BANNED
    Agreed. That is a good way of putting it, the part about this generation's Mauser action.

Quote Originally Posted by Epoxy7 View Post
    Couple things about that. First off the picture doesn't show the structure this was taken in or it would be obvious that your concern doesn't apply. Also the Criminal Code definition of dwelling house is interesting. Third rather than a STAT another question could be was a form six used? Not to worry everything was on the up and up for that photo.

Yes it is a shame the restricted status and limits in Canada. You could however if close to the border take it to the States and use it as a hunting rifle. Plus buy a couple regular capacity mags over there and leave them if you or a trusted friend has a residence there. But yes the Canadian regulations are a tragedy with the AR. No legitimate sporting use? It's only this generations Mauser action. It's the very definition of North Americas sporting rifle.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Pure Energy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Epoxy7 View Post

I know you're good to go, just joking around. The other part I completely agree. I thought the AR is now the most popular rifle in North America, can't remember where I read that. I can see why it is though, like a Honda Civic, thousands of parts and accessories, reliable, and just plain fun to shoot. I love mine, still pisses me off I can't go shoot it where ever I want, but my XCR is just fine. Makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Proutfoo
    having your picture in the paper with a medal around your neck holding a folding stock, pistol-gripped, shotgun with mag extension is a feat in itself

Decided to go with a T1 Micro on a DD 1 o'clock rail as a short range optic. I know, crappy camera and pic.

[IMG][/IMG]

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Epoxy7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneraLee View Post
    Decided to go with a T1 Micro on a DD 1 o'clock rail as a short range optic. I know, crappy camera and pic.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Looks good to me! Shows just how slick the body of that rifle really is. It's almost art.
    Nice looking rifle!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Yes very nice indeed!

sorry for the necro, but do these take Gen3 .308 PMAGS and standard AR10 barrels?

Also, SFRC, are you able to bring in DPMS .308 parts should I want to do a .308 AR custom build?
    Last edited by Donster 125; 04-21-2015 at 04:53 PM.

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    You do NOT want to use dpms parts on a custom build..
    Save your money and buy quality

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123