Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DPMS AR's are here!

DPMS AR's are here!

DPMS Oracles in 556 and 308 and the new 308 G2 in the Recon and SASS model.

http://www.theammosource.com/index.p...cPath=2_24_384

I think I just had an organism sheeeyat thats sexy!
    I exist solely for comedic relief..... oh, and drugs!

Do you accept kidneys in trade?

this is pure sex :D

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Epoxy7's Avatar
    Wow those have been selling fast. Only one G2 SASS left.

How many GII Recon models were there?

I only saw 2. I am tempted on getting one... I already have a MWS 308.... and the accuracy is hit or miss with DPMS that's why I was always hesitant on one.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left." - Bertrand Russell

Yeah, I jumped on that SASS thinking they would disappear quickly. Can't wait to get it to the 300M range

PS. This is like waiting for Christmas, I keep coming back to this thread to look at the picture... I think I have an addiction.... lol
    Last edited by GeneraLee; 02-17-2014 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Can't wait!!

Quote Originally Posted by EDX2308 View Post
    I only saw 2. I am tempted on getting one... I already have a MWS 308.... and the accuracy is hit or miss with DPMS that's why I was always hesitant on one.
    With the DPMS (have a gen1 LR308) it's not so much hit and miss. It's more the barrel favouring a slightly different accuracy node. At first I thought I had a dud and even told a buddy I couldn't recommend it. 168 federal gold didn't shoot well. Stuff known to be my test base on other rifles shot marginally. Especially for a 24" heavy barrel. Then I shot some 167 Lapua match ammo out of it. This ammo is a fair bit faster than Federal Gold. The rifle shot exceptionally well.

One other thing about the older DPMS. The stock trigger sucked. I replaced mine with a match trigger. Without that trigger upgrade there was no way you could reach the rifles accuracy potential.

I have a few 308AR rifles so I really didn't "need" another. But I really liked what I was seeing with these GII models. The GI was hobby grade and good for target rifles, plinkers and projects. The SASS and REPRE started showing a real change as they went from 6061 extruded/billet to 7021 (can't remember exact spec but still less than standard). Also the REPRE barrel had blanks from a high end barrel maker although which one was never disclosed. Excellent Triggers were now also included. Which brings us to the GII. Lighter, smaller form factor, 7075 forged, good triggers, decent barrels, improved bolt (reminds me of KAC/LMT enhanced) and a few other nice changes.

It looks like they have gone from hobby grade to a serious product. My GII Recon should be here any day. Since I put a 20" barrel on my LMT MWS this will be my 308AR in 16". That's how I was able to "justify" the purchase to myself. It will be interesting to see how it compares. There isn't much out there on these and while waiting I've no doubt read everything on the net twice about these rifles!

Mine arrived today. This isn't your father's DPMS!! Pretty nice. The trigger is good too.

A couple minor things. The MOE CTR stock will be replaced with a B5 along with ergo grip. PWS enhanced tube will go on mine as well. Decently equiped though off the rack as is.

The bolt is very nice. Like an Armalite but also KAC/LMT enhanced. Huge improvement. Yes weight and size is more AR15 like than AR10. The upper lower forgings are fairly slick. They should have gone ambi but still huge improvement.

The DPMS mags don't fit in my LMT. They are also a bit too tight and don't drop free on my new GII. The KAC mag however works perfect.

I think they have a winner. The core is now really solid. A few furniture stuff to be changed but where it counts is pretty good now.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Why are these things restricted! ugh. Drives me nuts. I'd be buying a pair if I could shoot them in the bush. Gorgeous rifle.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast