Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Positive Buying Experience with Marstar

Positive Buying Experience with Marstar

I've dealt with Marstar many times over the years. From guns to parts, magazines and militaria, the folks at Marstar have forced me to spend my hard-earned money with them time and time again.

Has every order gone perfectly? Nope! Have they been able to ship as quickly as I wanted? Again, no....But they always do their best to make it right. And they have.

In this age of instant gratification it is near impossible to meet such expectations, especially given the realities of a warehouse mailorder type operation. A little patience goes a long way in such cases and I have yet to be disappointed.

In fact, on several occasions, including my recent order, where I picked up a number of items that were near impossible to source elsewhere and were horrendously overpriced in the EE, not only did I receive the desired items, but also included were unexpected upgrades and "extras" that I hadn't ordered or been charged for. There aren't too many operations on the go who follow this type of business practice. I thought that such service deserved acknowledgement and I'd like to personally extend my thanks to John and his team. Thank-you!!!
    “...Only accurate rifles are interesting.”
    - Colonel Townsend Whelen

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
    - Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    I've dealt with Marstar many times over the years. From guns to parts, magazines and militaria, the folks at Marstar have forced me to spend my hard-earned money with them time and time again.

Has every order gone perfectly? Nope! Have they been able to ship as quickly as I wanted? Again, no.... But they always do their best to make it right. And they have.

In this age of instant gratification it is near impossible to meet such expectations, especially given the realities of a warehouse mailorder type operation. A little patience goes a long way in such cases and I have yet to be disappointed.

In fact, on several occasions, including my recent order, where I picked up a number of items that were near impossible to source elsewhere and were horrendously overpriced in the EE, not only did I receive the desired items, but also included were unexpected upgrades and "extras" that I hadn't ordered or been charged for. There aren't too many operations on the go who follow this type of business practice. I thought that such service deserved acknowledgement and I'd like to personally extend my thanks to John and his team. Thank-you!!!
    Better be careful, and don't say too much.

John will be here soon, and he will fix you.

CGN frequent flyer
    What did you buy? Seems like nothing is in stock.

BANNED
    i'm happy for you that you were able to find something that is not B.O.

I picked up a bunch of magazines, bayonets and frogs. Gotta love that smell of cosmoline that envelopes you as you open the first flap of a Marstar shipping carton! Have to say I was having a really crappy week. I had the flu, was sick as a dog and had been in bed for two days when my parcel from Marstar arrived.

Apparently, the panacea for all my ills was that parcel from Marstar. I perked right up, my chest cough got instantly better, my joints and muscles stopped aching, and my fever finally broke! Who needs chicken soup and Buckley's when you have a box of cosmo-smeared 70 year-old magazines in need of immediate cleaning?

I was in heaven and headed out to the workshop when I was apprehended by my now unnecessary care-giver/nurse...Okay, in retrospect I'll admit I probably should've taken the time to at least haul on a winter coat over my "sick" PJs as I made my break for freedom, but really...minus 19 and a windchill of minus 30 isn't thaaaat cold, right?

Oh well, at least I was allowed to take my parcel back to bed with me, although my ear is still sore from being used as an improvised bridle as I was dragged back to bed. Thanks Marstar!
    “...Only accurate rifles are interesting.”
    - Colonel Townsend Whelen

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
    - Will Rogers

I too am a grateful Marstar customer. Besides being satisfied with transactions over the years, my recent dealings saved me a lot of grief. Through no fault of their own, I got a bad high dollar gun from Marstar. It was unfixable. They came through on the Ironclad guarantee and gave a full refund. I can only imagine the nightmare of going with a dealer who would shunt me off to the manufacturer in Italy to get the problem resolved on my own.
    "Let all the poisons that lurk in the mud hatch out." Claudius

Super GunNutz The Cold Lake Kid's Avatar
    Had nothing but successful dealings with the 5 times I have dealt with them.
    I'd deal with them anytime.
    Only problem I had was getting an iTrader Rating. Marstar enters one, and I receive notification but it doesn't appear. When I click on the "button" to see it, I only get the dreaded white page with blue writing saying " The page can't be displayed"
    Not Marstar's fault that.
    The Cold Lake Kid: SASS # 51474,
    GOFWG #141, Charter Member and Trail Boss East, Square Circle Wranglers ( www.squarecirclewranglers.ca )
    GOLD member Leaders Circle. Provincial Corner Stone Member
    Proudly Alberta Born and Raised.
    Hoping Trail Boss soon becomes available!

I've only dealt with them once. I was happy with the purchase but found their communication crappy. I would also like to know why they keep out of stock rifles on their website. For reference? I wish them the best and thanks for the cheap but high quality Chinese SKS rifle/ammo deal!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Years ago they got a lot of my money! The funny one was a Long Lee I bought from them. Got a letter from customs that I need to file an import form. Called the government office and said "It doesn't need an import licence since its an antique (1895) "Oh we thought that was the model number"!!! They released it.

On that note, a sweet young thing liberal reporter once asked them what was the deadliest rifle they sold (expecting a L1A1) the guy reached to the rack and pulled down a SNIDER! I sure wouldn't want to be hit with a .577 bullet!
    Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants, it is the creed of slaves. William Pitt to the House of Commons 18 Novembr 1783

Glad to hear that X-man I have only purchased from Marstar, once, and everything was perfect I'm guessing that no one will mention a negative experience on here, again, because of the way that others have been treated, after doing so. All the best X-man

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast