Page 78 of 97 FirstFirst ... 5868707172737475767778798081828384858688 ... LastLast

Thread: RPD Update.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4307 View Post
    Kinda figured that. Pretty much the same we've been doing with the CZ858 / Swiss Arms situation + the bills.
    It would be nice if all RPD'ers can do a letter blitz. Force in numbers as they say. A handful of RPD'ers armed with letters is a small group. Hopefully we don't get swept under the rug and letters sent to the shredder.
    Obviously the RPD situation is one of many situations.

Why "just the rpd owners"? Seriously this is the problem with the community. Divided on minor issues. All gun owners should be jumping on this issue whether they have skin in the game or not. The outcome will be positive for us all.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Quote Originally Posted by mcgivor2 View Post
    We need to flood them with new firearms to classify as well seems funny certain dealers seem to have a fast track system to get them approved seems dirty to me
    they make deals with each other to suit there personal needs. just like north sylva refusing to sell restricted tavor barrels without them putting them on the rifle and registering it as restricted. theres no law saying you cant posses a restricted barrel if its not on a gun. definitely a back door deal.

That's just NS being NS. Has nothing to do with back door deals with the lab. Just controlling for what they consider to be the "better good" for the community.

Not saying I agree.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    That's just NS being NS. Has nothing to do with back door deals with the lab. Just controlling for what they consider to be the "better good" for the community.

Not saying I agree.
    defiantly an odd policy from an importers perspective if there isnt any back door deals going on. why hold back sales for yourself.
    smells fishy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    Why "just the rpd owners"? Seriously this is the problem with the community. Divided on minor issues. All gun owners should be jumping on this issue whether they have skin in the game or not. The outcome will be positive for us all.
    Agreed.
    I never meant "just RPD owners", but reality is unless it's personal many will leave it to the passionate. Others don't want to stir the pot and put their name to paper. It's typical of human behavior.
    I deal with the same crap in the off road 4wd world trying to promote Tread Lightly, fight the tactics of demonization by the organizations that want to close trails. I spent the last few days dealing with protecting our truck club and members from being associated with a group that trespasses and destroys property. One single pic of our members trucks on the said groups page , has debistating consiquences for our reputation and gives ammo to the anti wheelers. Being a club forum moderator, I choose to be active. For many it's just a hobby where they build and wheel, the politics are boring or they don't have time.
    Same applies here.
    All gun owners should be jumping on this issue whether they have skin in the game or not. The outcome will be positive for us all.
    Totally agree 110%.
    Because this isn't the case maybe a different strategy to add to the paper blitz is needed. What? I'm not sure. Maybe dealers, industry, lobby groups and gun owners banding together in one large campaign to challange ALL of these classification and CFO issues together, in one great push. It seems the gun world here in Canada is fractioned into sub cultures. We see this in our local gun club, for crying out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by 223762 View Post
    defiantly an odd policy from an importers perspective if there isnt any back door deals going on. why hold back sales for yourself.
    smells fishy to me.
    Because they don't want the media crap storm coming back on them if someone takes a non-restricted, rebarrels it to restricted then fails to register it as such.

It is a stupid philosophy, but one that several dealers have decided to go with. Has nothing to do with the lab, it has to do with certain dealers trying to minimize something that MIGHT happen if they sell the shorter barrels.

Quote Originally Posted by 4307 View Post
    Agreed.
    I never meant "just RPD owners", but reality is unless it's personal many will leave it to the passionate. Others don't want to stir the pot and put their name to paper. It's typical of human behavior.
    It isn't typical human behaviour, unless you count laziness and uninvolved "typical".

That is an individual trait, not human nature as a whole.

Lobby groups? What do you think lobby groups are? They are invested people pushing for a goal related to a cause. If you are a gun owner, gun dealer, gun seller, you aren't automatically in the gun lobby.

The gun lobby IS members of those parties banding together. The rest are just people who have guns.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Well an RPD made it into a mad post-apocalyptic future before we ever saw one. (Mad Max Fury Road)
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Well, I put together a basic letter regarding the RPD, CZ858 / Swiss Arms, C-42 and a couple more issues. I'll send them this coming week.

I don't have accurate details other than what was posted in this thread, so the details are more basic than I'd like. I modified and added to the letter I put together for the CZ858 / Swiss Arms.
    It's a weak letter IMO, hopefully it won't be filed in the shredder.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Yukon1911's Avatar
    One thing for sure, the classification system is broken. By that I mean that back a couple of decades ago a person named Michel Lotito ate a Cessna 150 Airplane in about 2 years. So if a plane can be eaten, why can't they check this firearm to see if its a machine gun or not? Someone is playing games and that someone gets a government pay check! Someone needs to bring the hammer down on whoever is not doing their jobs and terminate their employment.....find someone who can do the job!