Page 87 of 97 FirstFirst ... 67777980818283848586878889909192939495 ... LastLast

Thread: RPD Update.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    Dangertree.

Any updates on this?

I see the CZ 958 was approved quickly with the new government in power, ATRS also got verbal approval and FRT number for their new rifle in 4 days versus the years it took for them to get approval for the modern hunter under the old government
    The law hasn't changed. Approval times haven't changed. Each gun is examined on it's own with no timeline given.

Doesn't matter what government is in if the law hasn't changed.

The 958 took a year and a half. The Modern Varmint took about a year, after years of waiting on the Hunter. The Varmint is just a shrunk Hunter. Both the varmint and the 958 are variants of existing guns. The Hunter and the vz58.

The RPD is not. And it is a belt fed, vs mag fed. Those two points alone make the timeline wait completely different than the previous two.

Not logical, but different.

As of today, there is no published FRT entry for the RPD. I looked. The RCMP don't say anything to anyone, not even the importer, until they are pretty much finished.
    Last edited by fenceline; 11-24-2015 at 07:41 PM.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    The 958 also being a variant of a rifle the RCMP decided was prohibited not all that long ago.

I am simply asking if there is anything new to report, last time I spoke with Dangertree he was looking at different avenues to explore.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

The 958 also being a variant of a rifle the RCMP decided was prohibited not all that long ago.

I am simply asking if there is anything new to report, last time I spoke with Dangertree he was looking at different avenues to explore.
    No, they didn't decide the vz58 was prohibited as a variant. They decided that certain versions of the rifle had been converted from full auto to semi. Whether correct or not, that isn't a prohibition of the whole type by name, it is prohibition of specific rifles due to modification.

It had nothing to do with a vz58 being a variant of anything prohibited. As a type of rifle was named prohibited by OIC, the 958 was never at risk of being named a variant of a prohibited type named in OIC. If the gun isn't listed in the OIC's as prohibited, the variant clause doesn't apply. The banned versions of the 858 were banned by name, they were banned by features alledged by the lab, that being that they were models built off converted auto receivers, converted autos being prohibited. A variant of a gun altered to converted auto is not banned as a variant. Otherwise pretty much all guns would become banned as soon as someone made a full auto or converted auto version of one.

Until the FRT is published, there will be nothing new to report. Just like every other dealer who has ever had to bring a rifle in, or made a new rifle. Until the lab decides, we are on hold.

What we are waiting for is the lab to decide...
    - Is the RPD named as prohibited? If yes, then prohibited. (It isn't named prohib)
    - Is the RPD a variant of a named prohib? If yes, then prohibited. (It isn't that either)
    - Is the RPD full auto, or easily made full auto? If yes, then prohibited. (It isn't, BATFE says so already).
    - Is the RPD made on a converted auto receiver? If yes, then prohibited. (It isn't, brand new semi only)

So really, all we are waiting for is for them to decide if the BATFE is right in their assessment in the US, or if the gun is easily made full auto. My guess is the BATFE is right.
    Last edited by fenceline; 11-24-2015 at 08:03 PM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN frequent flyer
    I am hoping the weather causes a huge reduction in the doughnut crop out east and they get back to work

Quote Originally Posted by cdm123 View Post
    I am hoping the weather causes a huge reduction in the doughnut crop out east and they get back to work
    Two rifles in a month. They sound like they are twice as productive.

Bumped.......
    Enjoying your freedom? Thank A Soldier !!!

You say nobody needs an AR15? Well nobody needs a whiny little b*tch either yet here you are!

Bumped for what? Theres no new info
    “... and they who cried: “Appease, Appease!” are hanged by men they tried to please.”

Keep it on the radar... it was slipping too far down the page lol!
    Enjoying your freedom? Thank A Soldier !!!

You say nobody needs an AR15? Well nobody needs a whiny little b*tch either yet here you are!

CGN frequent flyer Familygunnutz's Avatar
    Dangertree.

Any updates on this?

I see the CZ 958 was approved quickly with the new government in power, ATRS also got verbal approval and FRT number for their new rifle in 4 days versus the years it took for them to get approval for the modern hunter under the old government

Apples, Oranges and Watermelons
    To import new brands of pistols, and have FRTs assigned only take about few hours....a new variant of existing approved rifles maybe few days, a whole new rifle design (new to Canada) we are talking years for a FRT....
    Last edited by Familygunnutz; 01-13-2016 at 12:55 AM.
    Get some!!! ^^

well who wants to be they just have fun with it for a few yrs at the police ranges....
    Back to the Grind