Page 66 of 97 FirstFirst ... 465658596061626364656667686970717273747686 ... LastLast

Thread: RPD Update.

CGN frequent flyer
    So since I have not seen any updates on this shoot I thought I would try your site, no info that I could see. While there I thought I might as well sign up for the news letter again, but it won't let me as I am already signed up. Has on gone out in the last year or so as I have never received any thing?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm123 View Post
    So since I have not seen any updates on this shoot I thought I would try your site, no info that I could see. While there I thought I might as well sign up for the news letter again, but it won't let me as I am already signed up. Has on gone out in the last year or so as I have never received any thing?
    Still at lab. Still waiting. No updates from lab, so no updates for AE to give.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dangertree View Post
    Couple of details still being worked out.

It'll be a new thread.
    Very interested as I am sure other owners are.

Maybe email everyone who purchased rifles the details since I am sure some are not on here very often.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    Very interested as I am sure other owners are.

Maybe email everyone who purchased rifles the details since I am sure some are not on here very often.
    I think he was speaking about the machine gun shoot down south and details about that being a new thread. Not an update thread on progress of the lab review.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    I think he was speaking about the machine gun shoot down south and details about that being a new thread. Not an update thread on progress of the lab review.
    that is what I am talking about as well as cdm123 that you quoted before me.

I would like to go shoot the rifle I paid for if the opportunity presents itself, even if it is in another country.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    that is what I am talking about as well as cdm123 that you quoted before me.

I would like to go shoot the rifle I paid for if the opportunity presents itself, even if it is in another country.
    Gotcha.

I'd just buy another rifle and keep waiting hahaha.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Recce21's Avatar
    As a dual citizen, if I am going to an MG shoot stateside, no ####ing way I am shooting any semi autos. Time to bust out the Dillon gun. And yes, I have access to one. As well as a legit full auto Krinkov rebarreled to 300 black out.
    Gotcha.

I'd just buy another rifle and keep waiting hahaha.

After reading the letter to Blaney on the Irunguns dealer forum…it seems this purchase might be problematic as all 5 sides of the 1919 & M2 firearms now need to be new to be non-restricted - not recycled/modified from original full auto receivers.
    Last edited by Picatinny; 02-18-2015 at 12:27 AM.
    Ounces leads to pounds, pounds lead to pain.
    Light, strong and cheap - pick two.

There are no "five individual sides" of a RPD receiver. Different design all together. Not an issue with this gun.

A 1919 has walls that are assembled together. The RPD receiver is one piece. Where the 1919 designs have come into trouble is the builders have taken one wall out of the 5 from an old full auto gun, and built 4 new walls onto it. That one old full auto wall is enough of the old receiver to say that the old receiver has been converted from full auto to semi auto, and thus prohib.

The RPD is built differently. So no issue like that to be concerned with.

There are no "five individual sides" of a RPD receiver. Different design all together. Not an issue with this gun.

A 1919 has walls that are assembled together. The RPD receiver is one piece. Where the 1919 designs have come into trouble is the builders have taken one wall out of the 5 from an old full auto gun, and built 4 new walls onto it. That one old full auto wall is enough of the old receiver to say that the old receiver has been converted from full auto to semi auto, and thus prohib.

The RPD is built differently. So no issue like that to be concerned with.
    Thanks, I'll edit my post.
    Ounces leads to pounds, pounds lead to pain.
    Light, strong and cheap - pick two.