Page 67 of 97 FirstFirst ... 475759606162636465666768697071727374757787 ... LastLast

Thread: RPD Update.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    There are no "five individual sides" of a RPD receiver. Different design all together. Not an issue with this gun.

A 1919 has walls that are assembled together. The RPD receiver is one piece. Where the 1919 designs have come into trouble is the builders have taken one wall out of the 5 from an old full auto gun, and built 4 new walls onto it. That one old full auto wall is enough of the old receiver to say that the old receiver has been converted from full auto to semi auto, and thus prohib.

The RPD is built differently. So no issue like that to be concerned with.
    Not quite . They only built 1 new wall (the one with the ser # on it ) they made it different from the full auto wall & modified the internals to fit the new wall ( you could not fit original F/A internals ) the rest of the walls were original's
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by #1bcshooter View Post
    Not quite . They only built 1 new wall (the one with the ser # on it ) they made it different from the full auto wall & modified the internals to fit the new wall ( you could not fit original F/A internals ) the rest of the walls were original's
    "they"? I guess it depends on which "they" one is talking about.

There have been multiple 1919 designs that have been submitted. Some used 1 wall from a full auto and got prohib'd.

So yes. Quite.

All there needs to be is one wall from a full auto receiver in a 5 walled semi auto build to get a converted auto status.

Regardless, it doesn't apply to the RPD design.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    "they"? I guess it depends on which "they" one is talking about.

There have been multiple 1919 designs that have been submitted. Some used 1 wall from a full auto and got prohib'd.

So yes. Quite.

All there needs to be is one wall from a full auto receiver in a 5 walled semi auto build to get a converted auto status.

Regardless, it doesn't apply to the RPD design.
    And yet there are lots of nonrestricted TNW 1919's in Canada
    I'm not talking about RPD's I'm responding to your 1919 post
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

There are. But then again some used 1 or more walls of a full auto receiver, which is legal in the U.S., and aren't here. Then again, another forum sponsor who makes guns doesn't have there 1919 to the market for the same 1 wall reason.

But, this has nothing to do with the rpd, which is what and why I posted, and now am going on about.

Rpd thread. Trying to stay on topic while minimizing unrelated classification hype.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

There are. But then again some used 1 or more walls of a full auto receiver, which is legal in the U.S., and aren't here. Then again, another forum sponsor who makes guns doesn't have there 1919 to the market for the same 1 wall reason.

But, this has nothing to do with the rpd, which is what and why I posted, and now am going on about.

Rpd thread. Trying to stay on topic while minimizing unrelated classification hype.

I heard bfiles' rpd is the only one that got prohibited. Everyone else gets theirs next week.

Quote Originally Posted by livewire0129 View Post
    I heard bfiles' rpd is the only one that got prohibited. Everyone else gets theirs next week.
    Bfiles cancelled his order some time ago.

Bfiles cancelled his order some time ago.
    that's too bad, he seemed really pumped for this.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    yes, and M2's, however the new prohib FRT for the M2 because of this exact issue was recently posted about in another part of this forum. So going forward they will have to have 5 new sides to be imported as non restricted.

The RPD is different and it is an all new receiver so that rule does not apply.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by livewire0129 View Post
    Did l miss something and they are shipping my rpd next week?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tattoiee View Post
    Did l miss something and they are shipping my rpd next week?
    There was an earlier post from Arms East about an event held in the US in which owner would get a chance to use their RPD. Details on that are pending. No update on the FRT.