Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Is a Armtac always hard to contact?

Communication is definitely inconsistent with this place. About a year ago I tried contacting Armtac to make a purchase and pick up in person, never got a reply. I figured I'd give him another try recently so I sent an email almost two weeks ago and no reply, I emailed again last night and had a reply within minutes. So I email Chris back immediately indicating my desire to pick up and pay in person, no reply yet. I'm trying to purchase a SEI muzzle device and a gas piston for an M14, but for whatever reason their website won't accept my credit card. I always try to support our small Canadian retailers even if it means I have to spend a little more, and have a little patience. But I have to admit my frustration is building and my patience is running out. Chris if you read this, please take my money soon! I don't wanna have to place my order with Brownell's and save 10% then go across the border to pick up my package and buy cheap gas and booze while I'm there!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I think, but don't know for sure..... that it's just a part time gig for those guys and they aren't yer regular "always open" online store but I could be wrong.
    any and all of my dealings with Chris have been spot on
    unfortunately they are one of the very few outfits willing to go the extra mile to import some of the higher end M14 stuff.

He's a busy guy and I'm sure he has a life that doesn't revolve around instantly getting back to people about <$30 rail sections. I've dealt with Chris several times and he has always replied with same-day communication. I've always been happy, he ships stuff quick and is the only source for some hard to find, high quality M14 and AR15 parts.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

If you are able to order on-line it works great. I have found it spotty for communication, but when it got through he was very professional. Never had an issue with an online order, its processing, shipment or timing.

Despite some spotty communication, and the website denying my Visa and Amex cards I'm happy to say I was able to meet up with Armtac and pick up a SEI Coast Guard brake for my M305 today. The owner was very professional, and apologetic for the situation. Patience is a virtue and all good thing come to those who wait. I'm just grateful there's at least 1 guy in Canada willing to bring in some very desirable high end parts and accessories. So thanks Armtac, I'll be back.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer PitBull1973's Avatar
    Chris is good. He always response to my emails. The import some cool stuff.
    Mauro
    http://oneclearvoice.ca/

Man ARMTAK is inconsistent. I have been trying for weeks to get a response and then all of a sudden at 1 am just after trying one last email effort in comes an almost instant response ...what gives? I'll take it all the same, but sheesh.
    Last edited by BRubble; 06-20-2015 at 03:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by benito View Post
    armtac is a good business. The guy that runs it is honest, it's just that he is busy as hell.
    I've ordered several times from him. Sometimes, the communication lags, but he always delivers, no surprises. I would just be patient.
    x10

I've been trying to get ahold of Armtac for two weeks regarding some m14/M1A parts. No response to emails or phone calls. I ordered my parts from a dealer in the states. The US dealer answered my email the same day and shipped my order the next. I'd much rather spend my $ in Canada but I won't be attempting to do business with Armtac again. I've got better things to do with my time than try to chase down a dealer who doesn't run tight ship.

Anikin67, Out of curiosity did you take note of their phone hours in the sticky? Given that they area a small outfit and that might have holiday hours or be getting ready for SHOT, they've answered their phone all 5 times that I've called in December. I'm always glad to deal with them and they always keep me informed of products that I've inquired about. Granted I stopped using email as my prime method of contact because contacting them via phone has been working so well.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast