Thread: 13% hst tax for bc resident?

CGN Regular

13% hst tax for bc resident?

hi there,

was going to purchase a firearm on your website but noticed the high tax rate. is this correct?
    i live in vancouver bc, so i am not sure why i am charged 13% to begin with. aren't i suppose
    to get charged the 5% gst?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    They must be going by the old HST .
    Call them & remind them we no longer have the HST
    The people of BC told the Gov to stick it !
    GST only on out of province purchases unless they are registered with the BC Gov to collect the PST .
    It's up to you to notify the BC PST branch that you made an out of province purchase & would like to happily volunteer to pay the PST you owe
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

Ontario has HST only that's probably why
    There might be something because your out of province but I'm sure the website is not whats going to catch it...

CGN Regular
    yeah... i thought something was off :/

should i call this in or should i just not bother with the purchase?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by masa View Post
    hi there,

was going to purchase a firearm on your website but noticed the high tax rate. is this correct?
    i live in vancouver bc, so i am not sure why i am charged 13% to begin with. aren't i suppose
    to get charged the 5% gst?
    Land of provincial Liberals. Welcome to Ontario. Rob Ford for Major

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    Just contact them to adjust to correct tax rates. Done that lots of times with out of province purchases.
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

18 February 2014

To the OP:

BC residents pay 5% GST on all purchases from Ontario. The online ordering system defaults to Ontario taxation rates (13%) until you complete the Checkout screen, at which time the proper taxation rate for your province will be calculated and included in the final purchase total.

Please contact our store directly, either by telephone (705.689.5333), or by E-mail info@ellwoodepps.com if you have any further questions or concerns with this or any other order you might wish to place.

Thank you for your interest in Ellwood Epps Sporting Goods!
    If gun owners in this country were truly a threat, do you really think our politicians would have lasted this long??