Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: 27-28 Sep 2014 Precision Rifle Clinic CFB Petawawa Debrief Here!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kevin M.'s Avatar
    Del
    Last edited by Kevin M.; 09-09-2014 at 07:47 PM.
    You know you are a real gunnut when you start practicing trigger control on power tools.

WWJMBD? What Would John Moses Browning Do?

Hey Guys
    If you had a $1000. more or less to buy a scope for this course and style of competition, what would your choice be? Actual experience is preferred. I have researched and read tilll my head hurts. It will be going on a browning BAR hogstalker 308 that will shoot under an inch all day at 100 yrds with a bushnell 4-12x on it.
    thanks - j

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcsmith View Post
    Hey Guys
    If you had a $1000. more or less to buy a scope for this course and style of competition, what would your choice be? Actual experience is preferred. I have researched and read tilll my head hurts. It will be going on a browning BAR hogstalker 308 that will shoot under an inch all day at 100 yrds with a bushnell 4-12x on it.
    thanks - j
    Bushnell elite 6500 series or Vortex series of PR scope!

I'm at 22 paid up shooters. 6 more spots left! I just finished 2 days of a PR clinic at Base Borden for the ORA and they had a hoot of a time. :D

We will have fun!

Cheers,
    Barney

Business Member
    TWO more seats, yes that's all there is today 15 April 2014, 2 seats left.

Cheers and keep helping them nooobs out there!

Barney

Business Member
    We are now all closed to registrations for the 27-28 Sep 2014 clinic. As in life, cancellations do occure once in a while, but for now , this clinic is full at 28 registrants.

Cheers,
    Barney

BANNED
    Im Looking forward to another great clinic with you Barney. If anyone needs any information on Petawawa send me a pm.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chalkriver View Post
    Im Looking forward to another great clinic with you Barney. If anyone needs any information on Petawawa send me a pm.
    So am I... we are just coming off the 5/6 April Base Borden ORA PR clinic, and we had a load of fun. Good times await us.

Cheers,
    Barney

CGN Ultra frequent flyer thump_rrr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jcsmith View Post
    Hey Guys
    thanks - j
    I have a Bushnell Elite Tactical 6500 which I used last year for the same clinic.
    I recently bought a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50mm in First Focal Plane.
    The FFP is amazing since your reticle grows while you zoom this enables you to make corrections at any magnification.
    You see the shot went 3 MOA right you can either use a hold or dial it in to be right on target.
    I'm now hooked on FFP scopes.
    Don’t argue with idiots. They’ll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Last year I picked up a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50mm in FFP for just sub $1000 lightly used and it is amazing! I completely recommend this optic. I had to send mine out to have the battery cover replaced, 3 week turn around and all expenses covered. Vortex is a great company to deal with.

Hey Teach, I know your not running a standby list but if 4 spots open up I will fill them.

Looking forward to seeing you guys up there.
    NFA/CSSA Member since the Swiss Arms and CZ 858 Reclassification!

Also Kevin, you will be my hero if you bring that AT gun!
    NFA/CSSA Member since the Swiss Arms and CZ 858 Reclassification!