Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 27-28 Sep 2014 Precision Rifle Clinic CFB Petawawa Debrief Here!

Business Member
    Okay, it's the middle of August and I'm getting ready to conduct PR Match #5 on 17 August, Sunday. I've got a message that Steve from 693precision.com will be volunteering to be my ButtsO (since he shoots my matches regularly). Along with his experience at my matches, he will be bringing along items for sale from his business. He is a CGNutz business here in our community so , YES, I can hotlink his site: www.693precision.com to this text. ha ha ha :D Yes we are businesses here at CGNutz.

Go and visit his site and see what you might need for the clinic. He has all sorts of slings, sling accessories (QD, HD, QR, push button swivels, HK hooks) for your shooting needs. Along with his shooting mat, he also sells the TAB Data Book Cover: http://693precision.com/TAB-Data-Book-Cover-012.htm

Steve will bring along all sorts of the merchandise for your shopping perusal. Have a look at his site and see what you need. Bring cash since it's easier to deal with. :D

Yup, the clinic is booked solid and I had ONE cancellation which was immediately filled by a standby list, it's queue'd up right now.

Cheers and keep pumped up for the PR clinic.

Barney

Looking forward to this clinic and meeting more people who share this passion!

I will try to bring a decent assortment of gear with me but if there is something particular you are looking for shoot me a PM and I will do my best to make sure I bring it up.

Also just for this clinic I am going to pay the taxes for you so the price you see is what you will pay.

Thanks,
    -Steve

27-28 Sep 2014 Precision Rifle Clinic CFB Petawawa, ALL FULL!!

Hope the weather is better than it's been all summer, cold n wet

CGN Ultra frequent flyer thump_rrr's Avatar
    The 28 day countdown has started.
    I'm finalizing my new load tomorrow and will begin loading my 200 rounds next week.
    This will avoid reloading 200 rounds the night before the clinic like I did last year.
    RugerBlast has still not purchased a shooters mat so the return of the tactical tarp may still be a possibility.
    Unfortunately my 3 failed attempts at winning Lottomax has not permitted me to purchase one of those exquisite $2,000.00 spotting scopes that I had been ogling.
    Don’t argue with idiots. They’ll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kevin M.'s Avatar
    Got my load and gear on lockdown, hit at a mile with it recently, so should be good. Will likely be outshot by lots of people there, but I love going to these shoots, it's a great place to learn new skills, kick bad habits, and shoot with a great group.

See you all coming up later this month!
    You know you are a real gunnut when you start practicing trigger control on power tools.

WWJMBD? What Would John Moses Browning Do?

Business Member
    Now for you anemometer fans (read: Kestrel or Cabelas)..... walk around your neighborhood, workplace, town, city, vacation spot with your anemometer (pocket or slung around neck) and start guessing at the wind velocities (see the trees, bushes, flags as indicators). Then take a guess at the wind velocity. Pull out your anemometer and see if your guess is close or right on the money.

Practice this and make it a habit to keep guessing and determining the wind conditions. You will get better. Surprise yourself. :D

If people are asking, tell them you are an avid bird watcher monitoring the wind conditions for the fall migrations.

Cheers and keep on learning! :D

Barney

CGN Ultra frequent flyer thump_rrr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalTeacher View Post
    Now for you anemometer fans (read: Kestrel or Cabelas)..... walk around your neighborhood, workplace, town, city, vacation spot with your anemometer (pocket or slung around neck) and start guessing at the wind velocities (see the trees, bushes, flags as indicators). Then take a guess at the wind velocity. Pull out your anemometer and see if your guess is close or right on the money.

Practice this and make it a habit to keep guessing and determining the wind conditions. You will get better. Surprise yourself. :D

If people are asking, tell them you are an avid bird watcher monitoring the wind conditions for the fall migrations.

Cheers and keep on learning! :D

Barney
    This course has given me a good excuse to only shave once a week.
    Don’t argue with idiots. They’ll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin M. View Post
    Got my load and gear on lockdown, hit at a mile with it recently, so should be good. Will likely be outshot by lots of people there, but I love going to these shoots, it's a great place to learn new skills, kick bad habits, and shoot with a great group.

See you all coming up later this month!
    Where do you go to shoot a mile?

Business Member
    I have a couple of spots left. For those of you who can still make it, send me a PM and we can book you on this clinic for Sat/Sun 27-28 Sep.

Cheers, :D

Barney

Business Member
    04 Sep Update... I have spots still available. That's a great thing.

Now for the rest of you clinic lovers, just a reminder: Bring all the hex (allen) keys for your rifle/scope/gear combination so we have them on hand. I was working with a client and his most beloved "NightForce" and that scope uses a goofy size that I just did not have with my Leupold Mark 4 equiped rifle and stock pouch allen keys.

So did out spare hex keys and toss them into a zip loc baggie and into your sniper log/note/data book. :D

Cheers,
    Barney