Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 27-28 Sep 2014 Precision Rifle Clinic CFB Petawawa Debrief Here!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kevin M.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalTeacher View Post
    04 Sep Update... I have spots still available. That's a great thing.

Now for the rest of you clinic lovers, just a reminder: Bring all the hex (allen) keys for your rifle/scope/gear combination so we have them on hand. I was working with a client and his most beloved "NightForce" and that scope uses a goofy size that I just did not have with my Leupold Mark 4 equiped rifle and stock pouch allen keys.

So did out spare hex keys and toss them into a zip loc baggie and into your sniper log/note/data book. :D

Cheers,
    Barney
    Aha!

Good point, noted. I always keep the stuff for my rifle in the bag, but forgot about the grub screws in the turrets of the scope, they are funky little sizes, and though you may not need them often, when ya need em, you need them badly!
    You know you are a real gunnut when you start practicing trigger control on power tools.

WWJMBD? What Would John Moses Browning Do?

Just picked up my 5R from the gun smith! The new Coretac break look great. Hope fully I will have the time to get to the range this weekend to try it out.
    I have ordered a new shooting mat so the "tatical tarp" should be officially retired by the time I get to Petawawa.

Really looking forward to this clinic!

Here's a facebook group for any of the guys going

https://www.facebook.com/events/4508...vited&source=1

BANNED
    We will be meeting the first morning at bldg. P-141 on base at 0800 . It is located across the street from the firehall.
    Come onto base and take the first right on to Menin and then the 1st left .
    Bldg P-141 is a large white 5 bay garage. We will then head out to range control and get a vehicle pass for the 2 days.
    For lunch we will be ordering pizza or bring your own lunch...I am tired of cooking for everyone ..lol .
    Drinks and water will be able to be purchased at the range.
    If anyone requires a map of base or other info let me know .

Morgan

Business Member
    Anchovie Pizza? Meatlovers? ha ha ha

It's always a good time!

Remember all them allen keys for your optics and rigs! 7/16" wrench for you tactical ring fellas!

Cheers and keep helping them noooobies out there!

Barney

Hey guys.. is there a map of the base around? I've never been there before and don't know my way around.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Holy cow!. The Pet shoot 'tis nearly apon us ... agin!.

Good thing for big spender moi, 'ol Fugly the 6.5 Swede Mouser, she's got herself some seriously updated for this years comp.. That laborious 'copper cutter' bore solvent session ... now that autta let 'er run head to head wit de big dawgs dis time out, eh.

Now: To suss me a way to delete last years occasional stovepipe jamb when panic-slamming the handle shut after somewhat sloppy double time "down and back .. repeat" .. every single lonely round, one at a time type of, mag reloads.

Won't need to refit me comb tho this time ... last years foam and packing tape job is still in place ... Hey!, why mess with a cheap fix that works? lol. Unless of course, Barney comes up with some fancier tape to accompany he's rumored crop of new jokes 'n blarney.

See ya's in the butt's !.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyTread View Post
    Hey guys.. is there a map of the base around? I've never been there before and don't know my way around.
    Don't worry. As soon as you arrive on base you can't miss the fire hall and you will see a large collection civilian vehicles with a bunch of dudes standing next to them.

It's really smooth sailing after the strip search at the main entrance gate.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkriver View Post
    We will be meeting the first morning at bldg. P-141 on base at 0800 . It is located across the street from the firehall.
    Come onto base and take the first right on to Menin and then the 1st left .
    Bldg P-141 is a large white 5 bay garage. We will then head out to range control and get a vehicle pass for the 2 days.
    For lunch we will be ordering pizza or bring your own lunch...I am tired of cooking for everyone ..lol .
    Drinks and water will be able to be purchased at the range.
    If anyone requires a map of base or other info let me know .

Morgan
    BBQ finally, completely disintegrated eh? A Barney clinic with out your burgers and tube steak is sign of the apocalypse!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I am tired of cooking for everyone ..lol .
    'Iis all good Morgan. You've already done your stint at the grill, aquitted yerself nobly, so you did, 'n fed us good and proper.
    (tho recollection has it mostly your tireless daughter driving the bbq fer us, whilst you jawed on and on with the boys .. )
    Could be mistaken 'bout that though, what with Barney's 'desert eagle' shtick, and all he's other shenanigans going down through entire lunch break.
    We'll hit Timmies early for a care pakage ... good?.