Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: My experience with Marstar and UPS.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Pule View Post
    Its a bit ridiculous to ship 5k rounds in one cardboard box and not separate the order. Thats a lot of weight for some paper and plastic to contain, and doesn't appear that they even used staples. Is everything there and accounted for? UPS probably isn't backing up the shipment damage due to inappropriate packaging method.
    We have done group buys from some suppliers of 100,000 bullets all packed together in 500 or 1000 round individual boxes all in a big box on a pallet. No issues at all. I have had good success with Marstar It looks like the shipment was ran sacked and bullet boxes cut open. you need a sharp knife to cut those boxes open. No way in hell any vendor would ship stuff out like this.

CGN Regular
    Whose to say it wasn't in a sealed crate similar to surplus ammo... That from a height would break open.. Improperly handled parcels no matter how well packed are at risk.
    Maybe so many assumptions shouldn't be made especially that reflect negatively on the ones making them.

I for one have never had issue with shipping, I've always been impressed.

wow I was just about to order from them...... nope.

Quote Originally Posted by keitha View Post
    We have done group buys from some suppliers of 100,000 bullets all packed together in 500 or 1000 round individual boxes all in a big box on a pallet. No issues at all. I have had good success with Marstar It looks like the shipment was ran sacked and bullet boxes cut open. you need a sharp knife to cut those boxes open. No way in hell any vendor would ship stuff out like this.
    I've also seen cardboard boxes take surprising amount of abuse but usually they more or less stay intact only when they are on a skid of some sort and are being moved by a pump truck or forklift. I'd be surprised to see a loose cardboard box withstand the shipping process with 129lbs inside.
    Last edited by Pule; 02-19-2014 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MRCLARK View Post
    So all these items were still shipped in one package? The courier company must have opened it? They took the time to place it in a less secure, thinner box that clearly is unsuited for this weight all to create more work for themselves?

Or the possible 75+pound shipment went through the system in this box, broke open, scattered all over the place was gathered and put into another box and shipped? If this box in the picture was used, then there's your problem.

If the box broke open in transit plain and simple it wasn't packed properly. Or please explain how a perfectly packed box exploded in transit at absolutely no fault of Marstar?

These things have to be packed like there going to abused like the other poster mentioned. Because if you ship it courier it's going to hell and back. That shouldn't be the customers issue. Marstar should be making the calls to ups not the customer if they haven't.
    I was actually thinking the same thing. Was gonna ask john to enlighten me with his shipping methods, perhaps it went out in an appropriate wooden crate and was then repackaged by ups so they would have a claim after a paper box failed to contain 129lbs on its fun trip through the shipping process.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer NintendoDuckHunt87's Avatar
    I'm inclined to believe John on this one.
    We all know that UPS/CanPar/CP suck something fierce, this looks like a prime example of that.

I for one, have and will continue to buy from Marstar.
    May our shots be true and timely, Our observations keen. May our bark roll out like thunder, in the name of home and Queen. May the ranks of tanks and bayonets pay heed to the power of the guns. For all the lords of battle, We are the chosen ones.

John, I am not sure what you mean by inaccurate and incomplete...

On January 30th you were advised they would not refund the shipping, this is inaccurate and incomplete....

This is the email I received from Marstar with a UPS file dated January 24th. The UPS file basically says no claim shall be processed.

Sent: January 30, 2014 9:21 AM
    To: C##### K###
    Subject: Fwd: Re: Damaged items

Hello Chris,

We received the reply from UPS attached.

Unfortunately they are not refunding any of the shipping cost.

UPS advised us that they were sending our account representative up to see us ASAP, that person only showed up last week.... So as you can see we have NOT forgotten you

Explain not forgotten?
    I replied back on Jan 30th asking if this was considered acceptable by Marstar and there was no reply back.
    Feb 13 I PM John since everyone on CGN says talk to John. I did and I sent him by email what was in the first post. Followed up the next day with a PM letting him know email sent. Silence.

Feb 19 I post my experience on CGN.

What do I want???
    I never gave that much thought because I wanted to see what Marstar would say. That is why I asked in my Jan 30th email, So will Marstar stand behind this at all or is this considered acceptable?

if you haven't sorted all the bullets yet, try dumping them all into a large bin and vibrating/shaking it it larger bullets should come up while the smaller bullets should settle to the bottom.
    Only men of good will are capable of committing the most grievous of sins.

I had a package of about 4000 bullets and some other items arive from Martstar in a very similar state a year ago. It appeared that the box was too big for the items and they shifted around in shipping causing them to burst open inside. Everything was still there and nothing was damaged. I was diapointed in the packaging but if I was really upset about it I am sure Marstar would have helped me out. They have been good to me in the past and I gave them an "everyone makes a mistake now and then" card. I also didn't feel it was worth my time to pursue. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience but I am sure they will try to make it right. Best of luck.