Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: My experience with Marstar and UPS.

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    Obviously a well informed decision.
    John
    Obviously not a good thing to say neither !

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scott_r's Avatar
    Funny how this company does jack squat till it hits the forum and potential buyers are made aware of the "lack of care" after the sale. Now a sh!t storm is happening here and the boss is trying to damage control..
    Why does it have to reach a public forum before people get something done. Sure you will replace everything now you guys are exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by MRCLARK View Post
    So all these items were still shipped in one package? The courier company must have opened it? They took the time to place it in a less secure, thinner box that clearly is unsuited for this weight all to create more work for themselves?

Or the possible 75+pound shipment went through the system in this box, broke open, scattered all over the place was gathered and put into another box and shipped? If this box in the picture was used, then there's your problem.

If the box broke open in transit plain and simple it wasn't packed properly. Or please explain how a perfectly packed box exploded in transit at absolutely no fault of Marstar?

These things have to be packed like there going to abused like the other poster mentioned. Because if you ship it courier it's going to hell and back. That shouldn't be the customers issue. Marstar should be making the calls to ups not the customer if they haven't.
    No not 75lbs, 129lbs according to John!
    Yes in a cardboard box, Holy Cow!

John: On December 16th your order went out by UPS on waybill #CAN778-5-00 one carton, 129lbs

Seems to me that it is Marstars fault, if it had been packaged properly BEFORE it was shipped, it would not have been so easy for it to break open, 5000 rounds in cardboard? really, you think like red Green and his duct tape, cardboard is the wonder material, couldn't put it in a nice hard plastic container, or some of your over priced ammo cans????
    If marstar was the only company in canada dealing with firearms and ammo, .... i'd shop in the US

CGN frequent flyer airtruck63chev's Avatar
    ups does freight too, as in everything from ltl (less than truckload) to full trailers... might have been strapped to a pallet.
    JESUS PROMISED THE END OF ALL WICKED PEOPLE
    ODIN PROMISED THE END OF ALL ICE GIANTS
    I DON'T SEE MANY ICE GIANTS AROUND

CGN frequent flyer
    My only complaint is that Marstar does not have stuff but then again I should be thanking them for that. Because I would be more broke.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    I've had several successfull dealings with Marstar. I only wish they had a pick-up place, somewhere in the Ottawa area.
    I'd travel the 12 hr. round trip, to avoid this "catastrophe. Anything, to get out of this one horse town!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by trebor2880 View Post
    I've had several successfull dealings with Marstar. I only wish they had a pick-up place, somewhere in the Ottawa area.
    I'd travel the 12 hr. round trip, to avoid this "catastrophe. Anything, to get out of this one horse town!
    ^^^^^^ I agree a local pickup would be awesome but make me broke..

CGN Regular
    My sympathies to the OP and his box of scrambled items, it is an outrage to receive something like that.

But with UPS and Marstar in the title this promises to be an epic thread for those of us who are not busy sorting bullets.

John,
    Get a cheap digital camera and have your shippers photo every shipment. One shot, takes a second and then you will be able to send those when damage occurs.

For the last ten years every shipment is photographed and filed before leaving the warehouse.
    John
    Last edited by johnone; 02-19-2014 at 07:57 PM.
    NFA and CSSA Member
    PCHFC and DVC Range Member
    IPSC, LEAP, PPC and Trap Competition Shooter