Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: My experience with Marstar and UPS.

Deep in the Darkest Bush there is ! and Kamloops
    HMM ! Just a thought - Not BLAMING anyone - but i think 129 lbs of bullets is a LOT of weight to be packed around in Cardboard Box ! A lot of people could not even lift that box of bullets - PROB got dropped a few times being moved from Marstar to the Buyers place ! JMO RJ
    INDIGENOUS JIM - Born and Raised in British Columbia and A Canadian !

The 284 WIN - is the Original Short Magnum !

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    I've been a long time Marstar customer & will continue to be one. Love shooting our Marstar Norinco M4's & LOVE my 2007 M14.

Thanks johnone!

Cheers
    Jay
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

A lot of verbal diarrhea in this thread
    Practice makes you perfect, it also makes you broke!

If it was shipped in that box, it was shipped incorrectly. I used to work for ups. Boxes like that get stuck on the rollers and have other boxes tearing it open as they get pushed down the rollers, or they fall off of the rollers and explode upon impact of the steel floors. Things like this should be shipped in a wooden crate.

BANNED
    Good luck getting anything from Marstar.
    Still waiting from 4 years ago for $12.
    Apparently there is 2 people in their system with the same name , they sent me the other guys stuff , I called Marstar and sent the stuff back on my dime, cheap ass losers never reimbursed me , even after multiple emails and copies of the shipping reciept

Ups is hard on heavy packages they are nutorious for kicking them around and or dropping them I hav seen this first hand especialy at xmas time when there busy

Over the years John has become the guy we love to hate. This thread like some other hate threads will likely hit more than 20000 times. John's honesty has sometimes been funny, insulting but oh so entertaining. I will be sad if marstar leaves CGN.

Like any reality show, it never show the best of you...

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by cp220 View Post
    I'm sure marstar will be along to insult you shortly and point out this is all your fault and they've done more for the shooting community then anyone ever lol
    I hate them and their ignorance and huge egos, I am surprised they can fit through doors with their attitude. I always steer people clear of doing business with them.

Anyone who ships by courier has to understand this is going to happen constantly if the package is not packed like it is going to be crushed, torn, twisted, soaked, burnt, run over, and dropped from up to 60 feet or more. If it is not packed like that expect it to break open, and left to the part time hourly Teamster who works with pride to gather it back together for you.

After that you'll be stuck with the folks who process the claims. You'll then get a visit by someone in Business Development or security.

Meaning it's going to take time to process the claim and there are literally 10,s of thousands of them. Part of the problem as well is the courier companies are desperate for drivers, the management staff are mostly incompetent, they are not supported by there upper management who drive them to push the drivers to near impossible goals, and the unions are so strong it's near impossible to hold the drivers that are in the wrong accountable. It takes so much money and man hours in arbitration a for example to get the truly bad seeds off the payroll they just deal and the bad guys are back on the payroll, after such things as theft, assault, drinking and driving, fabrication of delivery signatures, fraud, insubordination and more.

The management team are no better and most are uneducated former package handlers who have no people skills and only hold the weak and the disrespectful employees accountable when they can.

Then because of this management doesn't care and pushes the hour lies who also don't care even more, they push back, and the customer pays the price much like johnone and the OP have.

After seeing these operations first hand for close to two decades I am still surprised they stay in business.
    Life is not that complicated. You get up, you go to work, eat three meals, you take one good shlt and you go back to bed. What’s the fvcking mystery?! - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by richmyster View Post
    If it was shipped in that box, it was shipped incorrectly. I used to work for ups. Boxes like that get stuck on the rollers and have other boxes tearing it open as they get pushed down the rollers, or they fall off of the rollers and explode upon impact of the steel floors. Things like this should be shipped in a wooden crate.
    Are the stories true about the theft in ups, how the loaders and others were helping themselves, only to get caught later on arrested by there investigators in groups only to have the same thing happen all over again with the next group?
    Life is not that complicated. You get up, you go to work, eat three meals, you take one good shlt and you go back to bed. What’s the fvcking mystery?! - George Carlin