Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: My experience with Marstar and UPS.

CGN frequent flyer
    The minimum Technically those bullet boxes should have been taped up since they open easily and the main box reinforced with a few wraps of that fiberglass tape. Although there were obviously ups issues, laziness of the packer appears to be the bigger issue. at129 lbs you have to expect it to fall at least once. If they were reinforced the small boxes wouldn't have split open that way.
    "Nah, I don't like guns, they're dangerous" - Tommy Lynn Sells
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

Deep in the Darkest Bush there is ! and Kamloops
    Really - the bottom line is the shipper put 129 lbs of bullets in a cardboard box ! WTF were they thinking ? Put a 100 lbs plus in a carboard box and try lifting it and moving it around - its a BIG friggin load ! NEVER should there be that much weight in one box ieven if its solid - most companys max alowable is 60-75 lbs in a single box ! RJ
    INDIGENOUS JIM - Born and Raised in British Columbia and A Canadian !

The 284 WIN - is the Original Short Magnum !

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    Here we go again with a claim that this or that happened....
    Does he provide his real name NO
    Does he provide an order number NO
    Does he hide like a coward behind the internet YES

John

I appreciate that you are trying to discredit everyone who makes any comment that may shine poorly on your business.
    - You are correct I do not have my real name as my thread posting identity.
    - I did not provide an order number, because I cancelled my order from your company that failed to provide me any service I cared to keep track of.

However you are offensive to call me a coward simply because I am an individual consumer posting my experience on the internet as a possible warning to others. I stand by my short story of dissatisfied service form your company, however your disrespectful response is more enlightening to your company's character than my input. Congratulations jerk, you have just solidified my stance that I won't give you any of my business or anyone's business who i can convince likewise.
    Last edited by Nyksta; 02-19-2014 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyksta View Post
    I appreciate that you are trying to discredit everyone who makes any comment that may shine poorly on your business.
    - You are correct I do not have my real name as my thread posting identity.
    - I did not provide an order number, because I cancelled my order from your company that failed to provide me any service I cared to keep track of.

However you are offensive to call me a coward simply because I am an individual consumer posting my experience on the internet as a possible warning to others. I stand by my short story of dissatisfied service form your company, however your disrespectful response is more enlightening to your company's character than my input. Congratulations jerk, you have just solidified my stance that I won't give you any of my business or anyone's business who i can convince likewise.

hear hear

Quote Originally Posted by richmyster View Post
    If it was shipped in that box, it was shipped incorrectly. I used to work for ups. Boxes like that get stuck on the rollers and have other boxes tearing it open as they get pushed down the rollers, or they fall off of the rollers and explode upon impact of the steel floors. Things like this should be shipped in a wooden crate.
    Exactly..

Guys this is both the fault of UPS and Marstar

Marstar for shipping 129 lbs in a cardboard box.. wtf where the comon sense?

Ups for kicking the #### of the box like usual and not taking care of the stuff... ( I worked in this domain for 2 years and we have short amount of time to move a lot of goods so we pack the rollers and throw the box )

And btw John maybe you should try the : We apologize for this, we will learn from this case (use wooden crate). but noooo! its obviously never your fault..

And wow the amount of boot licker is insane in this thread.Are you expecting surprise in your next order? this is a business they only care for your money

Quote Originally Posted by MRCLARK View Post
    Are the stories true about the theft in ups, how the loaders and others were helping themselves, only to get caught later on arrested by there investigators in groups only to have the same thing happen all over again with the next group?
    No idea. No one in the group I was in stole anything, we were isolated from the main hub most of the time.

I've ordered four times from Marstar.

Twice everything was fine. They've always offered to make things right though.

I find deing with them takes time and patience.

I do find them to be an honest dealer, just careless sometimes.

I'll probably order from them again sometime.

The thing that impresses on me the most in this thread is that we are now nearly 2 months since the delivery of this package and no resolution has been posted -- in fact, all that has been posted has been obstinance from Marstar. To me, that time line and attitude is unacceptable. If I had paid by credit card I would have open a case with the credit card company by this time.

I have never dealt with Marstar, and threads like these with over 2 months for a resolution mean that I likely never will. My only problem ever with an online gun retailer has been with Canadaammo... they sent me the wrong knife in my order. One email later with a picture for proof and they politely apologized and said they would correct the error on my next order. That is what I expect -- a retailer who takes responsibility for mistakes and makes up for it. As such, I would gladly deal with Canadaammo any day of the week as I know I can trust them.

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    Good day Chris;
    Sorry for the initial delay, I was absent from the office working on a major legal case.

"The UPS file basically says no claim shall be processed."

I really don't give a damn what UPS says, you are dealing with Marstar NOT UPS, unlike them we consider our customers as people not numbers

"We received the reply from UPS attached."
    This e mails were sent in an effort to keep you up to date....

"That is why I asked in my Jan 30th email, So will Marstar stand behind this at all or is this considered acceptable? "
    I really don't want to offend you, but really don't you think this statement/question is a bit ridiculous, check out our warranty....

When you decide on what you want to do let me know....
    John

John, I am embarrassed how this has turned out. I feel I give everyone a fair shake.

Yes, I am dealing with Marstar and not UPS. I was ignored by Marstar for close to a month after UPS said they were not responsible. The only Marstar response was after I posted to the forum and 2 months after the initial email.

If this email quote below was meant to keep me up to date I apologize for misunderstanding since I heard nothing back from Marstar for close to 3 weeks after this and only after the forum post. After 3 weeks I made an assumption Marstar did not care.
    Hello Chris,
    We received the reply from UPS attached.
    Unfortunately they are not refunding any of the shipping cost.

You feel it is ridiculous for me to reach out and ask if Marstar considers this acceptable. Remember I received no communication back from you or Marstar until this post.
    I did check out your Warranty and it is a great one that I am sure you stand behind.

Yes I could have returned an $800 order and you could pay the return shipping plus have your staff sort and count these so you could send them back out again.
    Instead I chose to not be one of those Customers that complains about everything. I get it, this sometimes happens.
    I put the ball in your court. I did not expect to be ignored.
    Could have been a simple sorry and we are looking into it, to here is a refund on some of your shipping. I believe this is better than returning a whole order.

I spend a good bit of coin to enjoy shooting like several others do. I am not on a first name bases with those I purchase from. I go in buy what I need and move on.
    The level that I was ignored is what prompted me to post my experience and as you can see from my post count I don't post often.
    I gave more than enough time for a response from Marstar and even took the extra step to contact John personally a week ago and was ignored.

After 2 months you ask me what I want? Nothing
    It had nothing to do with money but respect for a customer.
    Chris

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by joeweasel View Post
    After 2 months you ask me what I want? Nothing
    It had nothing to do with money but respect for a customer.
    Chris
    Practice makes you perfect, it also makes you broke!