Page 1 of 15 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: My experience with Marstar and UPS.

My experience with Marstar and UPS.

My experience with Marstar and UPS.
    I placed a telephone order with Marstar for some bullets and couple of magazines.
    Guy on the phone was great got back to me with shipping prices. Since it was lead bullets the shipping was not cheap. However it is what it is and I placed the order.

Package arrived on December 23 and my daughter called to say that she had to help the UPS driver because the box could not be lifted by one person due to weight and items inside shifting around.
    I got home and opened up the box and this is what arrived.

I was a little choked since there were now 3 different calibers mixed together. 5000 bullets and only 2 boxes were not completely busted open. Box also had UPS tape on it so I don’t know if it busted open at some point and was re-taped or if that was used to start with. Some of the bullets were in a thin plastic bag.

That evening, Dec. 23rd, I sent Marstar pictures and my information by email. I told them items were not damaged since it was lead but did not arrive in the best condition.
    Jan 6th, I have not heard back so I called Marstar and they looked at the email.
    A gentleman gets on the line and says. We will let Canada Post know and they will get back to you later.
    I told them it was UPS that shipped. He said, well then UPS will contact you.

Jan 20th I emailed Marstar and asked if there was any news, since I had not heard anything from UPS or Marstar.
    Jan 21st Marstar emails that UPS has been trying to get a hold of me. I had no messages or call display from UPS.
    I called UPS at 9am and 3pm on the 21st and left messages.

Jan 21st UPS calls back and asks for pictures and then replies back on the 22nd with:
    Thank you for the photos. Once the inspection is completed, all the claim information will be sent to the claims department. They will deal directly with the shipper on record, the shipper is the person or company the package was shipped out from. If you have any questions regarding this claim please contact the shipper directly.
    Thank you

Jan 22nd, I emailed Marstar to let them know UPS would be in touch.
    Jan 28th I haven’t heard anything so I email Marstar.
    Jan 29th Marstar responds back that they have heard nothing.
    Jan 30th Marstar emails me:
    Hello Chris,
    We received the reply from UPS attached.
    Unfortunately they are not refunding any of the shipping cost.

I responded back with:
    So will Marstar stand behind this at all or is this considered acceptable?

So, that is my experience. Pretty dry read but I am sure most of you got a chuckle from the photos.

CGN Regular
    Must have been fun to sort all these bullets! great christmas gift!
    A single box of 1000 bullet is pretty heavy on itself, I can't imagine all this put together.

I might have laughed a little when I saw the pictures.. I'll be honest..

BANNED
    Holy abortion Batman!
    What a mess.

I'm guessing that it was UPS who broke open the package, and had bullets scatter all over the floor. It also appears that it wasn't packaged properly right from the start, and what happened was bound to happen.
    Ivor

CGN Ultra frequent flyer drifter dave's Avatar
    Poor packing.
    G96 smells awesome.
    Member, CSSA & CCFR.

I'm sure marstar will be along to insult you shortly and point out this is all your fault and they've done more for the shooting community then anyone ever lol
    You are right about one thing: I'm a big bad mother f--ker and I'm here to drink your goddamn milkshake.

Its a bit ridiculous to ship 5k rounds in one cardboard box and not separate the order. Thats a lot of weight for some paper and plastic to contain, and doesn't appear that they even used staples. Is everything there and accounted for? UPS probably isn't backing up the shipment damage due to inappropriate packaging method.

Quote Originally Posted by cp220 View Post
    i'm sure marstar will be along to insult you shortly and point out this is all your fault and they've done more for the shooting community then anyone ever lol
    lol +1

Definitely on my list of places not to order from! Thanks for the warning.

Page 1 of 15 12345678911 ... LastLast