Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alfa-Proj Revolvers In Stock

The frame on my 9261 9mm revolver appears to be investment cast in steel. Pretty happy with the overall fit and finish.
    Too many toys, too little time ...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer luke s's Avatar
    bumpity for 9mm's

CGN frequent flyer boss351cleveland's Avatar
    Just picked up the Alfa 2251 all steel .22lr . Really impressed so far , quality fit and finish seems somewhere between Ruger and S&W . Compared to a Ruger SP101 side by side the Alfa is the winner , better single and double action trigger and overall fit, seems to be more accurate too . Also love how Czech made guns are zeroed perfectly and come with test targets , my test target is one ragged 9 shot hole at 15M . Only thing i dont like are the factory rubber grips , easy upgrade though.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer luke s's Avatar
    bump wolverine, any ETA on the 9mm's? 1 month, 2 months, 6? any news is better than no news

Bump on this only to say I just took possession of the 251C, 22LR Blued Alloy model and I could not be happier with the fit and finish. Solid construction all things considering.

The included 15 yard accuracy target is comforting as well.

Would definitely recommend, based on that alone. Will update once I get a chance to get it to the range to test further.

what are the odds of getting a 44 mag raging bull in 8 3/8 stainless?>

Bump to an old thread.

Very interested in getting a 9251 9mm in stainless but confused as to the difference between the 9251 and 9251C (Classic).

The obvious seems to be that the 9251 has the smaller cylindar with a gap at the front of it. Does anyone know how this differs from the 9251 Classic model without the gap?

Cheers!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    The bullet will pass into the rifled barrel quicker with the short cylinder, and the 4.5 inch barrel will be set back to meet the shorter cylinder reducing the overall length of the firearm by about a half inch. Basically the 4.5" with the short cylinder and setback barrel will be the same size as a typical 4" revolver.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Yes she uses moon clips.
    Are extra moon clips available?

Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    The bullet will pass into the rifled barrel quicker with the short cylinder, and the 4.5 inch barrel will be set back to meet the shorter cylinder reducing the overall length of the firearm by about a half inch. Basically the 4.5" with the short cylinder and setback barrel will be the same size as a typical 4" revolver.
    Thanks for that info!

Are there any other practical differences besides the overal length of the pistol? Pros/cons?

I've personally handled the shorter barreled version and it feels great, but (not that it means much) the aesthetic of the big gap in front of the cylinder looks kind of strange.
    and it seems as if the lack of fluting on the non-Classic model's cylinder might be a drawback as far as hand rotation of the cylinder.
    Last edited by viajero69; 02-01-2016 at 07:57 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast