Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first experience with Marstar... 13 years ago

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    The guarantee makes the difference. I trust them to look after me, and they have done so when I needed them to.

I do wish their webmaster would clean up the site, though, and eliminate all of the out of stock items that we probably won't see again in the near term (yugo mausers, AIA enfields etc...)

It's sort of like my dad, who has a basement bar with 2 or 3 dozen empty bottles on top that have been there for years

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    I don't normally put up these kinds of posts, but this one has stuck with me for a LONG time.

This is going back 13 years ago, so I don't remember names or dates of course. I was 18 and just got my gun license. No one in my family owns guns or hunts etc, so have always been on my own with anything gun related. I was all happy with myself for ordering my very first gun from Marstar, a German K98 for $350. Little did I know back then that these rifles come packed in grease. So I fumbled my way through disassembling it (somehow) and got it cleaned up. It stank up the house pretty bad so mom and pop weren't very happy with me. haha Of course I didn't take apart the bolt/firing pin, so the first time I tried it it wouldn't go off. Checked the shells, and the firing pin was so caked up with grease it would only slightly dent the primer. I had NO clue what was going on, so called Marstar. After telling them my sad story haha, they told me they don't normally have people to the warehouse, but said I could make the hour drive and come see them. After meeting with the guys, of course they knew what was going on, took apart the bolt in about 14 seconds and had it cleaned up. Then took me out to their small range to test fire it and all was well.

Being 18 at the time, I never really thought of it and was just super happy my gun was working. I'm sure no one remembers and it's a very small thing, but it wasn't to me. I had a big smile on my face for the drive home.
    I've always remembered the service and since then have appreciated it as I've bought quite a bit of rifles and ammo over the years.
    I'm a pretty negative person, but have nothing but great things to say about Marstar. Thanks guys!
    ... And then I found 5 dollars.
    "Nah, I don't like guns, they're dangerous" - Tommy Lynn Sells
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12