Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: John please don't leave.

Nobody is crying "leave John alone". By all means, go ahead and slander, insult, or provoke John at your discretion. Just don't get upset if you're treated the same in return. Or do get upset, whatever. It's a public forum. Do as you see fit. Just remember every action has an equal and opposite reaction. You can gripe all you want on CGN, but I'm sure they have a lot of happy customers that don't bother with the forums.
    So far the majority of posts in this thread have been positive and supportive.
    "In a free society, we shouldn't need permission to do whatever we want."

Quote Originally Posted by MET View Post
    I think it is time for CGN and the moderators to put an end to the dealer bashing on here, BAN those who do the bashing, a lot more dealers would be on here! I know of a few who wont touch this site due to what goes on here.

Just sayin...
    +1

These forums should be an open stage for customers and retailers to interact on a one-on-one basis, not a platform for jump-in bashers who have nothing to contribute to the actual incident in question other than their own sour impressions.

So you had a bad experience with Marstar, or Ellwood Epps, or Al Flagherty's, or Gagnon's, or Shooter's Choice, or any other retailer. Let us hear about it. Then let us respond to that incident. Let us explain what happened, why it happened, and what can be done to correct the issue and to make certain it doesn't happen again. That's a dialogue between Customer X and Retailer Y, not an open discussion that needs frivolous input from the Alphabet Soup membership of GunNutz.
    If gun owners in this country were truly a threat, do you really think our politicians would have lasted this long??

Tin Foil Hat firmly in place ... It costs NOTHING for gun grabbing trolls or their minions to join this site and dog pile one of Canada's larger gun suppliers and otherwise cause dissent in our community. Low post counts, mostly "personal" opinions with no real firearms knowledge, etc. etc, all point to this type of skullduggery. Trolls and deceivers aside, it never ceases to amaze me how quick legitimate firearms owners are to eat their own. Brutal. Little to no camaraderie, here, other websites, at the ranges where the trap folks fight the IPSC guys who fight the Black powder guys. Bizarre. Where is the "Brothers in Arms" attitude that SHOULD be prevalent and why is it not? What is wrong with so many gun owners?? Head in sand?, selfish?, entitled?, bullies?, etc. etc.

Once in a while we get a wee glimmer of hope and see examples of how firearms owners SHOULD act .. but damn, they are few and far between.

Quote Originally Posted by waterwheel View Post
    Why do you suppose Marstar has all these difficulties with clients, and others don't seem to? That's all the client's fault?

I say, don't let the door hit you on the butt on the way out. There's too much smoke around these guys for there not to be a fire.
    Mistakes are bound to happen; some that could have been remedied by Marstar, and some outside of their control. They're return/warranty policy is very favourable towards the customers; and rightfully so.
    This happens in every business, and it just so happens the other dealers on the site dont leave the threads open for discussion after making contact with the customer. There is just as many "difficulties" with others, but they're not made nearly as public as dealings with Marstar. And when John comes in with his bold typing, in your face replies, it stirs the pot and creates more buzz to LOOK like Marstar has more issues than others.

A lot of people are pretty stupid and come on here to ##### and moan because they havent been catered to within minutes of their email or PM (most of the people that do this havent even gone the most direct route of CALLING to remedy the problem). From there, they decide its time to start a thread about the "poor" service they received without even supplying the proper information for John to look into the problem.
    Then to top it off, all the haters come in and take the 1 sided story without hearing the full details; and this is repeated over and over again.

I do see why John is getting tired of it.

As mentioned several times in this thread, had I not been on CGN, I would not have known about Marstar; or any of the other dealers for that matter. CGN is a great tool to reach out to the community and let them know who you are, what you have, and sell your product. I dont doubt they will still do very well if they choose to leave, but those deals (AK74 deal for example) may take a little longer to sell out than if they had posted here.

A customer needs/wants goods they pick whom they want to buy from and they order. simple.
    If the retailer acts like the "comic book guy" before the transaction is made, I will walk away and go somewhere else. No need to go further lest you set yourself up for more problems.
    I am at the age where I do not get too exited if the shipping takes awhile. I don't need anything that bad.
    I would get a little irate if the goods where grossly not as advertised or where damaged and had NO RESPONSE back from the retailer. For me, 1 full week of being ignored would be too much.

Remember, everyone works hard for His or Her money and no one wants too feel they have been ripped off. It all boils down to proper communication & patients.
    But it is good to be able to have somewhere to go when you have a legitimate complaint after the retailer refuses to give proper service.

WHAT MARSTAR DID OR DIDN'T DO IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS That is between the Customer and Retailer , so I won't comment. But notice how after the customer had complained The Retailer was willing to "fix it" That is a good thing!! and the forum worked!!

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier .45 View Post
    +1

These forums should be an open stage for customers and retailers to interact on a one-on-one basis, not a platform for jump-in bashers who have nothing to contribute to the actual incident in question other than their own sour impressions.

So you had a bad experience with Marstar, or Ellwood Epps, or Al Flagherty's, or Gagnon's, or Shooter's Choice, or any other retailer. Let us hear about it. Then let us respond to that incident. Let us explain what happened, why it happened, and what can be done to correct the issue and to make certain it doesn't happen again. That's a dialogue between Customer X and Retailer Y, not an open discussion that needs frivolous input from the Alphabet Soup membership of GunNutz.
    +1 Right on!!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier .45 View Post
    +1

That's one way to look at it. The other way is that your proposal is nothing other than a militant cowtowing to retailers. No thanks. No reason I shouldn't be allowed to offer my opinion, and if you don't like the fact that I'm offering it, tough.

I suspect the mods here already know more about this than you do - start shutting down open discourse, and there'll very quickly be another forum that doesn't piss off the membership by deleting posts where someone expresses their opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by waterwheel View Post
    I suspect the mods here already know more about this than you do - start shutting down open discourse, and there'll very quickly be another forum that doesn't piss off the membership by deleting posts where someone expresses their opinions.
    Why not go start that forum then if you are so unhappy here ? that's just my opinion
    Play stupid games...Win stupid prizes.
    WARNING Does Not Play Well With Others
    CSSA and CCFR member

If he is leaving CGN, Marstar will lose a lot of business. I did not know they existed 3 years ago until I got on CGN. Oh well, retail is hard I know.
    Alte soll man ehren, Junge soll man lehren.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer new and novice's Avatar
    I've never bought from Marstars, but have heard plenty of good things. Of course pleasing everyone is never going to happen. Whether Marstar is on here or not, people will still say positive or negative things about them. Where Marstar will miss out, is in not being exposed to the new mwmbers of CGN. I think it has almost doubled since I have joined. What will the #'s be in four years?
    Twitter: @reason911