Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 245678910111213141516171819202232 ... LastLast

Thread: John please don't leave.

Man now its his fault for ups ? You guys think he has no feelings or what ? Whats wrong with some people always bashing Businesses? Then they will cry when they are gone and they are no longer able to buy from them.

People need to take a break and look at what they are causing its not beneficial to anyone.

Learn from these situations try working with people . The saying goes you get more with shugar than spice.

Funny thing It probably wasn't even the business owners doing but a employee in most cases people just internet bully on the net.

Super GunNutz
    If Marstar leaves CGN I think Lever Arms in Vancouver should fill the empty spot. It would be a seamless transition everyone could have the hate on for them as well

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Curtton's Avatar
    how could you compare the two ? they are not even close .

thanks john for bringing all those neat toys over the years .

Quote Originally Posted by themouser View Post
    If Marstar leaves CGN I think Lever Arms in Vancouver should fill the empty spot. It would be a seamless transition everyone could have the hate on for them as well

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by josey wales View Post
    Why not go start that forum then if you are so unhappy here ? that's just my opinion
    I did so in another industry. Started a forum against a monstrous competitor. Crushed the competitor, and sold the forum for $200k U.S.. So I actually know what I'm talking about. You, I suspect are just flapping your gums. What's your experience? Posting opinions on forums?

The only advantage this site has right now is it's member base. It's established. There's very little about this site that's unique, and that couldn't be duplicated by me or dozens of other people in about 6 hours and a few hundred dollars. Moving the membership is the problem. That would take a lot of money and time. OR, something as simple as the mods doing the kind of thing that the previous no-nothing suggested of laying heavy on the membership. Mods start laying heavy on the members by deleting posts that offer opinions and I won't need to create a competitor site, there's a dozen others that will do it for me.

And I never said I was unhappy here. THere's a lot of blowhards such as yourself, but the EE is pretty good.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone ranger's Avatar
    I understand Johns "old school ways" I'm one of them. Thanks for all the great sales over the years. I remember spending hours on the Marstar Site.Your a true pioneer for sure. You changed the firearm landscape for life. You brought us things we couldnt have dreamed of getting otherwise. But its a new world with new rules and we have to change or suffer the consequences in this politicaly correct world.
    A victimless crime is a term used to refer to actions that have been ruled illegal but which are argued not to directly violate or threaten the rights of any other individual.

CGN Regular
    Although new to the forum here on CGN, and the low post count dictates this, not new to the whole forum game, serve as a mod on an automotive forum with a member base equal to if not larger than CGN.
    One thing for Marstar to consider is the impact that banner ad on the top actually has, especially to the new members who haven't figured out all the other shops. My first purchases came from the shops at the top, and if Marstar had the Norc 226 copy one would be on the way.
    One thing that totally doesn't come across in online forums well is emotion, and even mild sarcasm comes across as being not the nicest person. For those who are quick to jump on the bash John bandwagon, look at the comment of those who have met him personally. The tough thing to do is defend yourself without coming across as "that guy". But look at the comments and use them as ability to move foreword.
    Understand the desire to leave due to the constant attacks, but don't underestimate the impact of having your site at the top of the page. For those who don't have first hand PERSONAL experience with Marstar who were quick to jump in with your unfounded stories take a look at your actions, like John said, it cost him thousands to keep his site at the top of the page, and if CGN starts to lose that revenue from supporters we all suffer as a whole.

A big reason why this site has so many issues. The mods here need to be more active. I would not let any of the bashing happen on the forum that I am currently admin of. Discussion is one thing but 10+ pages of arguing and name calling shouldnt happen. I would have told both parties to take it to PM and locked the thread.
    NFA member

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier .45 View Post
    +1

These forums should be an open stage for customers and retailers to interact on a one-on-one basis, not a platform for jump-in bashers who have nothing to contribute to the actual incident in question other than their own sour impressions.

So you had a bad experience with Marstar, or Ellwood Epps, or Al Flagherty's, or Gagnon's, or Shooter's Choice, or any other retailer. Let us hear about it. Then let us respond to that incident. Let us explain what happened, why it happened, and what can be done to correct the issue and to make certain it doesn't happen again. That's a dialogue between Customer X and Retailer Y, not an open discussion that needs frivolous input from the Alphabet Soup membership of GunNutz.
    That is a fair opinion from your side of the retail interaction (are you not an employee of Epps? -one of my favourite outdoor stores to drop in BTW). My only questions are at what point did CGN transition as a forum for gun enthusiasts to openly share to a commercial website with sponsoring retailers the leading priority? Also, what value does CGN have to the sponsors if not for the public audience, generating exposure?

I've seen this on other enthusiast boards (rotary engines in particular), where a transition in interest towards "the hands that feed", actually takes away from membership and in turn the best interest of ALL parties on the board. In the end, other 'public', open-attitude forums were created or popularized, and slowly an exodus occurred. I think that's the last thing that anyone on this board wants, but it's a delicate balance.

At the end of the day, proper moderation of one's own Sponsoring section goes a long way, as proven by many of the other retailers on CGN: 1 courteous response addressing the concerns of the OP, setting up lines of communication, and thread locked. Repeat. A part of what the general members wants from CGN is to see not only what businesses have to offer, but how they treat customers on an ongoing basis, just like people check review websites before booking hotels, or going out for dinner, or someone's feedback on the EE or e-bay. The trick is sifting out the deadbeats and trolls, and not everyone is up to that task.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukon1911 View Post
    Sponsors pay quite a bit of money to have a forum on CGN, so if they are paying big bucks and getting only hate, then why be on CGN, rewards need to be commensurate with the costs! Nobody likes hate!
    It's between 2,000 and 6,000 a year depending on what you want. So yah it's allot

Allot of dealers just don't have the time to use gunnutz it's good advertising but many of them go well I'm to busy to check this and that or even post anything because of all the customers. People sometimes think hey if I post here it will get a faster response instead of email or a phone call which tends to be way faster.

John and Marstar I applaud all you have done for the Canadian firearms community. Would be sad to see you leave.