Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: John please don't leave.

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    That one blew my mind. Some guy tried to sell me a gun in the middle of a field and it was crap and it must be Marstar's fault. Unreal.
    As much as I like having Marstar here, I couldn't blame John for considering ending his sponsorship with some of the crap thrown at him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Messy Pants View Post
    Or yesterdays guy who it sounded like "considered buying" a private sale item from someone who maybe worked at Marstar. Yea company employees meet on dirt roads at night to do business. ok.

I highly doubt they will leave the only place to promote online gun stores.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoconfection View Post
    I really doubt that post (which was quickly deleted) about some guy meeting Marstar employees in the field so they could sell him a fake gun is real. Whole story stunk to high heaven.
    The guy made some very serious allegations.

But when you look at him today, he is all in "PINK" now.

wouldn't have heard of marstar without CGN!
    CSSA Member / NFA member
    "Isn't it funny how a few seconds with a gun can change your life!"
    Your grandfathers Lee Enfield was once an assault rifle

CGN frequent flyer Wired leader's Avatar
    Many people here support John & Marstar and that's fine. But there are a lot complaints about Marstar and to just call them all whiners? Some have documented weeks of attempts to contact and/or resolve issues with no help from Marstar....some not so much.
    Regardless, I think John could certainly grow some thicker skin and ignore all the negative comments and concentrate on the OP in each case to address that person's issue or complaint. It would certainly give a much more professional impression and will go farther to gain and/or keep existing customers.

Of course the threads would be far less entertaining.....

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by burnaby View Post
    Hope John stays, he has the best comments to wake up entitlement society that the customers are NOT always right. Most of the time they are wrong but too thick skull to accept it.

Sad day indeed when blunt, sometimes brutal, realistic comments need to be replaced with politically correct whimpers.
    John's responses are not blunt or realistic. They're rude and insulting. And without this forum, I wouldn't have been aware of that.

I've never done business with Marstar so I have no comment on their service. However two things are entirely clear:
    1) there's an awful lot of people upset with marstar. You can dismiss them if you like, but there's still an awful lot of people upset with marstar.
    2) the public responses from marstar are perceived as rude and condescending. You might call the responses 'brutal' and 'realistic', but there's lots of people who would perceive them as rude and condescending.

Either way, the internet and the forum are working fine. Those of you who think Marstar are great, go ahead. And for the rest of us, we get a warning not to do business with these people. I'll choose to spend my money where, if things go wrong - and they do - that I won't be subjected to 'realistic' responses from the business owner.

It's just a twist on the Equipment exchange feedback system. What do you think of someone who's got 100 transactions, yet 10 of them are big negatives with comments about there being a problem and the seller being rude? Are you going to take the approach that the seller is probably a nice guy and that he dealt with 10 whiners? Or maybe you should exercise some caution dealing with that person?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fireball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by burnaby View Post
    Hope John stays, he has the best comments to wake up entitlement society that the customers are NOT always right. Most of the time they are wrong but too thick skull to accept it.

Sad day indeed when blunt, sometimes brutal, realistic comments need to be replaced with politically correct whimpers.
    100% agree.

Marstar attracts the entitlement children with little money or patients.

I read yesterday's "dirt road deal" thread before it disappeared. I think the OP of that particular thread was off his meds.
    NFA CSSA

As many of you, I followed quit a few of these so called "Marstar bashing threads".
    I have no insight, and therefore I am not qualified to judge or comment.
    However I got some advice; It is not unusual for a big company with an enormous sales volume like Marstar, to have their share of mistakes and complaints.
    The issue are not the complaints, but the way the complaints are handled by both parties.
    A complaint should be addressed to the seller, and if the complaint is expressed on a public forum, then the seller would be well advised to isolate the complaint by messaging the buyer directly.
    This will cut out all the unwelcome, mostly unqualified and disruptive comments, by all those "forum morons".

John, I don't believe that you call it quits, you are not that fragile

BTW, I had several (great) deals with Marstar over the last 20 years, and had no problems with them.

BANNED
    Yeah. The "dirt road deal" was humourous, to say the least. I'm "all tatted up" so I guess I get painted with that brush; however, if I post three paragraphs of ranting it will likely contain correct spelling, punctuation, grammar, and not be three run-on sentences containing random ####### letters.

Cannon

John just says what every single dealer on here probably thinks, but doesn't say… I think it's freaking awesome. He is so 'unpollitically correct' and I respect him for that. He says it like it is instead of coddling every single freaking moron that's whining about stupid little minor things…

I'm sure there have been some legit issues with Marstar, Canadaammo ect... but some of the complaints, I mean come on. Ppl complaining about shipping taking more than a wk, ppl complaining torn packages, which have nothing to do with the shipper. All this while they got some stellar deal and free shipping. I know there can be some real issues in terms of service, yes it does happen, ppl make mistakes... but anyone who has worked in the service industry knows a majority of the complaints are bs. The trick is deciphering the real complaints from the bs... The ppl with real complaints tend to be happy when you fix the problem for them... the ppl with bs complaints are always pissed off until you give them everything for free and then some. Maybe I just worked in the service industry for too long, but I think EVERYONE should have to do some customer service of some type in their life. I find I get good service everywhere the vast majority of the time, when I get bad service I stop dealing there. It seems like on most of these threads the ppl complaining have been offered refunds or replacements. What else do they want lol???

I guess as a consumer you have to ask yourself do you feel well served by a retailer. If not, can you purchase the same
    item somewhere else? Most people vote with their cash. Is he brusque? Could he be more diplomatic? Probably. Is he evil,
    I really doubt it!