Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: John please don't leave.

Anyone else find it interesting that John feels it unfair to pay his thousands for space on CGN just to be treated rudely, yet some of his customers feel the same way about their purchases and the responses they receive from Marstar? That sounds more like entitlement than some of the complaint threads I've read.

I think he should just assign someone else in the business to deal with CGN, someone who maybe isn't as exhausted with the shenanigans on CGN? Another large mail-order west-coast dealer seems to have no problem dealing with masses of BS threads in timely, polite, appropriate ways, so it's not impossible...

John is the boss of marstar?
    i thought he was only an employe...

anyway, if he wants to leave, let him be. if he want to answer people comments on a public forum, and make a public scene of the event each time its his choice. no one is forcing him to respond to every nutjob complaining about something without even sending them a private email first.

PS: you dont see walmart employe blasting away comment on the internet.
    "when you have to shoot, shoot dont talk."
    -the ugly

I've never done business with Marstar, but there has been times when I've wanted to and simply didn't because I don't like John's attitude toward customers and complaints. There are tons of other dealers that have to deal with trolls, but handle it much more professionally. I can drop names if John would prefer, but that's not the point of this post. I guess some people have become used to being victimized by bad dealers and because they have supply taking it dry - some even with a smile. The way a business deals with complaints shows them at their worst. Perhaps some companies can't shine in the situation, or only shine under pressure.. but good businesses can turn this into positive advertising instead of just a troll-fest.

If John wants to take his ball and go play elsewhere, I honestly do not care. Childish threats like that are childish.

Quote Originally Posted by pomelum View Post
    John is the boss of marstar?
    i thought he was only an employe...

anyway, if he wants to leave, let him be. if he want to answer people comments on a public forum, and make a public scene of the event each time its his choice. no one is forcing him to respond to every nutjob complaining about something without even sending them a private email first.

PS: you dont see walmart employe blasting away comment on the internet.
    This isn't a public forum for personal opinions, it's a forum for pumping tires and boot cleaning. The Mod Gods won't bite the hands that feeds. John can say what he wants to who ever he wants. Money talks.....
    Last edited by Green Skull; 02-21-2014 at 12:16 PM.

I think it is time for CGN and the moderators to put an end to the dealer bashing on here, BAN those who do the bashing, a lot more dealers would be on here! I know of a few who wont touch this site due to what goes on here.

Just sayin...
    Join CSSA. Vote Conservative Andrew Scheer in 2019 if you value your firearms!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer orthoboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Skull View Post
    This isn't a public forum, it's a forum for pumping tires and boot cleaning. The Mod Gods won't bite the hands that feeds. John can say what he wants to who ever he wants. Money talks.....
    True, this isn't a public forum, and calling moderators names is likely to get you banned. Just a bit of friendly advice for someone with a really small post count.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer berger's Avatar
    John, I have purchased a few things from your company and never had any issues....even had a nice conversation with you at the Vankleek Hill M14 clinic. My opinion, worth exactly what you paid for it, is to take the money you spend advertising on CGN and invest that into your website, paying particular attention to inventory and e-commerce capabilities. The guys with money to spend know where to find you, and an even better website with accurate inventory would mean more sales, IMO. There is also another cool Canadian Gun Owners forum out there now too.....

Regardless of which way you go, the people that matter will continue to do business with Marstar and advise others to do the same.
    Prost!

Berger

I don't blame John for wanting to leave I would do it too all that crap is not worth it. I'll still deal with him no matter what, and I will recommend Marstar to anybody asking for a good place to deal on guns and accessories.

I was dealing with him three times and it always was a pain in this well known anatomic spot..) Let him go and wish all the best on new place ! Speaking about trolls .. I just wonder how many of them been working for this person .. One way or another ...
    Good luck , John !
    Si vis pacem, para bellum ...

Uber Super GunNutz hunterhenderson's Avatar
    Unfortunately in todays retail climate you need to have thick skin and simply cannot take thinks personally, suck it up and business will be there. Marstar always seems to make it right with the client. They just need to forget the bitchers
    “Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth.”
    ― Albert Einstein