Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Turmoil in Ukraine and prices on SKS and Ammo

Quote Originally Posted by tinviper View Post
    What about all the other communist block countries that have ammo and sks's available? I don't like meaningless hype to try to up the prices. If the prices go up because of a real reason that's acceptable not just for speculation. I have seen sks's falling from around 220-250 to 180-170 so this is just speculation.
    Ukraine has most of SKS out of the communist block. Russia does not allow shipping those out of the country. All other countries destroy them. So please let me know what other countries can supply SKS and ammo. I can tell you what I have found for the past two month since all the shipments has been stopped from Ukraine due to unrest in the country.

Also do not forget USA dollar went up and MFS trade discount is going to disappear. I am telling this to all the reasonable people out there if you want to buy sks cheap buy it now. For those who want to see what happens to the price of SKS in this country in the summer please wait. After all I only bring 80 % of the import of SKS into this country what do I know.
    CHECK OUT WEBSITE TODAY. WE ARE ADDING NEW PRODUCTS EVERY DAY.

WWW.WESTRIFLE.COM

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...d.php?t=437599

Жизнь хороша, если есть ППШ! И совсем без проблем, если есть АКМ

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by sergey96 View Post
    Ukraine has most of SKS out of the communist block. Russia does not allow shipping those out of the country. All other countries destroy them. So please let me know what other countries can supply SKS and ammo. I can tell you what I have found for the past two month since all the shipments has been stopped from Ukraine due to unrest in the country.

Also do not forget USA dollar went up and MFS trade discount is going to disappear. I am telling this to all the reasonable people out there if you want to buy sks cheap buy it now. For those who want to see what happens to the price of SKS in this country in the summer please wait. After all I only bring 80 % of the import of SKS into this country what do I know.
    Thanks for the heads up . I already have four Russian SKSs with laminate stocks , but i probabley could stock up on a little more ammo.......Better Safe Than Sorry...

I don't know the full story of what's going on over in the Ukraine right now... But any government that helps it's President's son line his pockets (turning a $7 million dollar investment in to $510 million in four years) is wholly corrupt, and deserves to fall.
    "All they now possess is liberty, what they before enjoyed is sacrificed to its service, and having nothing more to lose, they disdain submission." - Thomas Paine, Common Sense, 1776

Liberal promise, a first rate oxymoron.

Is that where the mosins and 7.62x54r ammo coming from ? I would like to say thank you for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_jonny View Post
    Is that where the mosins and 7.62x54r ammo coming from ? I would like to say thank you for the heads up!
    Russian surplus that you see on the market comes from Ukraine 95 % of it. Mosin, TT, SVT 40, 7,62x54, 7.62x39 and 7.62x25 all coming from Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by HammerHand View Post
    I don't know the full story of what's going on over in the Ukraine right now... But any government that helps it's President's son line his pockets (turning a $7 million dollar investment in to $510 million in four years) is wholly corrupt, and deserves to fall.
    Why do you think you enjoy cheap ammo and rifles?
    CHECK OUT WEBSITE TODAY. WE ARE ADDING NEW PRODUCTS EVERY DAY.

WWW.WESTRIFLE.COM

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...d.php?t=437599

Жизнь хороша, если есть ППШ! И совсем без проблем, если есть АКМ

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BeaverMeat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dakaroo View Post
    That would be an easy out! for globalist elite, perpetrators of Agenda 21, New World Order, etc.

Why did PM Harper attend Bilderberg when he was with the Canadian tax payer's federation?
    Your stupid is showing...
    "There's a big ... machine in the sky, ... some kind of electric snake ... coming straight at us."
    "Shoot it," said my attorney.
    "Not yet," I said. "I want to study its habits.

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertanBound View Post
    I have more then a few cases, guess its time for the credit card to come out....However I dont agree with the whole evil USA thing, what could their end game be? Just saying the states is involved because you dislike the states is irrational, I could understand if there is something to gain but Ukraine doesnt have anything of value to them except for possibly ammo? I do hope things stabilize, for the sake of the nation.
    Just one small example: h ttp://www.reuters.com/article/2013/11/05/us-ukraine-chevron-idUSBRE9A40ML20131105

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BeaverMeat's Avatar
    Well, it looks like "they made a deal"
    "There's a big ... machine in the sky, ... some kind of electric snake ... coming straight at us."
    "Shoot it," said my attorney.
    "Not yet," I said. "I want to study its habits.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertanBound View Post
    I have more then a few cases, guess its time for the credit card to come out....However I dont agree with the whole evil USA thing, what could their end game be? Just saying the states is involved because you dislike the states is irrational, I could understand if there is something to gain but Ukraine doesnt have anything of value to them except for possibly ammo? I do hope things stabilize, for the sake of the nation.
    this is most likely the reason why US/EU is only too happy to see the region destabilize if not actively working towards this goal.

It worries me that not enough people worry!

http://youtu.be/DioQooFIcgE

CGN Ultra frequent flyer grelmar's Avatar
    If the Ukranian pipeline of cheap SKS's/Mosns/SVT-40s dries up, along with the ammo, then another of the former East Block countries will step in to fill the gap.

I don't doubt WestRifle's expertise in the area, or that the majority of the current supply is coming out of Ukraine (whether out of Ukraine's own stockpiles, or through being funnelled through the Ukraine by other nations), but I have my doubts that if the door closes on the Ukraine supply, that another will not open up somewhere else.

There is still far too vast a stockpile of those arms in the former East Block, and far too much $$ to be made shipping it to Western nations like Canada. You think we get them cheap here? We pay 4 to 8 times the going rate for old comblock surplus that most of Africa and the Middle East pays. The fact is that while $200 mosins and sks's, and $300 SVT's are an absolute bargain for the Canadian market, that kind of money buys AK-47s, plural, in most of the third world, where mosins and SKS's are pretty much "give-aways" as sweeteners for larger arms deals.

Someone, somewhere, in the former East Block, will re-direct the flow. There's just too much easy money at stake. Is there a risk of a temporary price bump? Sure. And sooner or later, the overall supply will dry up completely. But as it stands, there are still uncounted millions of of surplus arms in the former East Block. Most likely, another one of the East/West "straddle" states will become the new funnel (Czechoslovakia and Poland come to mind). To say nothing of the supply of Chinese SKS's making their way across the ocean (the supply bump there is from a shipping company getting skittish - not some fundamental trade reason - some other company will see the money to be made and fill the gap).

I'm not worried.

Mind you, I'm also not worried, partly because I already have a good example of each of SKS, SVT, and Mosin. So even if the supply does mysteriously vanish, I'm ok, I don't need a stockpile.

And there will always be a steady flow of milsurp arms throughout the world. Always has been, always will be. If you ever want to see an early example of milsurps coming to Canada, look up the sordid history of how hundreds of thousands of French Chassepot rifles, captured by the Prussians in the Franco Prussian war, were funnelled by the Prussian Government through British arms merchants and then out to the colonies and Africa.

SKS's, Mosins, SVT's dry up? Take a deep breath, hold onto your wallet, and wait for the next "big deal" in milsurp to come along.