Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: remington model 14 30 caliber

remington model 14 30 caliber

Hi

just recently joined still getting the hang of navigating site

i own a remington model 14 30 cal spiral magazine rifle and am hoping to locate some ammo for it

i have done some research and realize this maybe a hard to find item but any help or advice (aside from sell your gun or why hunt with an antique) would be greatly appreciated

respectfully submitted Dale Campbell

CGN Ultra frequent flyer yodave's Avatar
    Hey Dale welcome the the site........

If you have a lathe, or access to one, you can make 30 Remington brass out of 30-30 Winchester brass. First you'll have to remove the rim and then recut/shape the extractor groove. Run your new donor case through your full length sizing die and then fireform to fit the chamber with either 12 grains of unique and cream of wheat or a bullet and a mild mid range load of smokeless powder.......
    If you private message me and don't get a reply within 24 hours there is a good chance you've earned a spot on my ignore list

Friends don't let friends drive fords

Thanks for the reply not a half bad idea hoping to not have to go to that extreme quite yet but for me that is a viable option should it come down to it

The 14's are beautiful guns aren't they? They carry well, handle well and are a pleasure to shoot. I too was looking into this and decided to go with a model 14 in 35 Remington instead since you can still find ammo in that caliber. .30 and.32 Remington, not so much. Good luck in your search Dale. If you find a supply, buy like 5 cases of it lol. :cheers;

I saw about 7 vintage boxes on the shelf at Accuracy Plus in Peterborough, ON. ranging from $50-$75/box. They have a website for contact info. if you REALLY need a box. I picked up the last two boxes of Kleenbore .25 Rem from them last week with an amazing Swedish M96 rifle! You can also order .30 Rem brass from Ellwood Epps in Orillia, ON. It will take a long time though. I ordered 2 bags (100 total) in Sept and haven't heard anything about them yet. They were about $68.00/100 if I remember correctly.

The Model 14's are great! I have 4 now. One in .25 Rem, one in .30 with the rare thumbnail safety, a 14R Carbine in .30 Rem who's reciever was one of the one's modified for the thumbnail safety, but didn't end up getting one before they changed it back again in 1921, and one in .35 Rem. I can't wait to try the 14R Carbine this year for deer! It is one small handy little carbine!

Cheers,

Ian

It is a beautiful gun and feels right it was passed down me and I was proud to receive it I am also looking for a 35 cal model 141 game master

I'm in the same boat now, was just given a Remington Model 14 in .35 Remington and looking for food for it.

I see Hornady ammunition but have read its loaded rather hot and may not be good for older firearms.

http://www.hornady.com/store/35-Rem-...EVERevolution/

Anyone got any input with this ammunition and rifle combo?

Hello, I just jpoined this site and see an old post of yours. Are you still in need of some 30 remington ammo. I have an old box that I have just put for sale on another site.
    Rick 289-803-1307

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Milanczar's Avatar
    Cabin boy aboard the New England whaler Pequod
    There are also 32 rounds of CIL Dominion on auction at the Landsbourough auction as item 520 on November 21st
    The path to my fixed purpose is laid with iron rails, whereon my soul is grooved to run.
    - Moby Dick, Herman Melville

I hope you get to shoot your Remington I wanted a remington 141 for a long time and finally found one 2 years ago luckily mines in 35 remington so ammo is fairly available. Great shooter and fantastic bush gun

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast