Thread: Taurus PT 1911

Taurus PT 1911

I am looking for a reasonably priced 1911 and the Taurus PT1911 in .45 has caught my eye. Does anyone have any experience with these? How are they for quality and reliability? I have never come across anyone who has one and any recommendations are appreciated.

Cheers,

GM1

Call me to speak by phone about mine at 416 487 8047. I found amazing grips that I put on it from VZ grips. Mark
    Last edited by Mark18; 07-01-2014 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Pls remove

Uber Super GunNutz hunterhenderson's Avatar
    I owned one, pretty darned good gun for the money, well made, shot well, tough to re sell
    “Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth.”
    ― Albert Einstein

BANNED
    I own one in stainless.

Very reliable platform. Tight, solid, well made. Up to parr with any other run-of-the-mill 1911. Plus Taurus has a lifetime warranty on their guns.

I'd reccomend it. No complaints whatsoever, and I haven't heard of know problems with them either.

I bought mine 4 years ago and its been a workhorse. No problems whats so ever, aside from it not liking hollow points. Also its not picky on magazines, however, I have a chip mc 10 rounder that always has problems. not sure if its the mag or pistol not liking the 10 rounder.