Thread: Klymit Sleeping Pads

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Farmboy's Avatar

Klymit Sleeping Pads

Enjoying the thrill of the great outdoors doesn’t have to be uncomfortable. Historically, the supplies needed for a successful camping trip have been large, heavy, and inefficient. Enter Klymit. Through the development of a new welding technology and a different way of thinking, Klymit has created an outstanding lineup of air mattresses, sleeping pads, camp pillows, and other ultralight backpacking gear. All of our products have been designed to provide maximum functionality and comfort in almost any environment. Our sleeping pads and air mattresses come in many styles and sizes to fit every need and compliment the only packs that are customizable an dampen vibration. We have even designed an advanced pack raft that can be packed into such a small size that you will barely even notice that it is in your pack. Klymit allows you to “Kontrol the Elements” by enhancing your camping, backpacking, hunting, or other outdoor experiences without burdening you with excess weight.

Our sleeping pads and air mattresses come in two basic categories: Inertia Pads and Static Pads. The Inertia Pads are the lightest full-length sleeping pads that you will find on the market today. They features minimalist designs and are available from the ¾ size with the X-Lite to the oversized model in the XL. The economical Static pads are designed to compete with standard air mattresses, yet includes many groundbreaking innovations that other brands don’t have. By limiting air movement and heat loss, you will get better support and comfort without having to pay a higher price. Check out our Products page for more information about current pricing on Klymit sleeping pads and air mattresses.

Body Mapping: Klymit camping pads are revolutionary in that they mirror the human anatomy. By doing so, they provide a sleeping surface that is designed specifically to offer you more comfort and a better night’s sleep whether you sleep on your back, your side, or your stomach. We have created 2 luxurious body maps:

Pressure Point Body Map: This acclaimed minimalist body mapping technique has been winning over backpackers since it’s introduction in 2010. The Klymit Inertia camping pads comfortably support all the places your body touches a sleeping surface. The remaining areas are removed to minimize weight, allow for breathability, and enhance warmth.

Anatomical Body Map: The V shaped designed pads are ultra comfortable camping pads designed to mimic the muscular structure of your back. By matching the contours of the human body, the Inertia XL and Static V naturally accommodate all body types and offer enhanced comfort over standard camping pads. This neutral body map is ultra comfortable by itself as found in the Static V. When combined with the comfortable loft pockets, side rails, and built in pillow on the Inertia XL, and the ability to customize the pressure, the result is the most comfortable camping pad on the market.

Loft Pockets: This patent pending technology is a Klymit exclusive that makes our camping pads the most versatile available. Whether the pad is under your sleeping bag or inside of it, the pad allows your sleeping bag to stay puffy underneath you, thus capturing the warmth from your whole sleeping bag and not just the top. This technology allows the lightest, most compact, and most comfortable camping pads on the market to also be the warmest camping pads in cold weather, and the only breathable pads on the market in the summer. Simply put, you can always sleep in any condition that the sleeping bag is rated to on any of our camping pads with loft pocket technology.

Found here on the website.

Please note, my opinion could be biased based on past and present employment

https://www.youtube.com/c/ThorHavenFarm

CGN frequent flyer timandkimandshea's Avatar
    From their website, I didn't see a huge savings in size or weight when compared with my old school thermarest guide lite.
    T
    Punish only he who has committed the crime

Quote Originally Posted by Farmboy View Post
    Does the sleeping pad come with an epic beard?

Also it will only work if you are of the proper size and are a back sleeper. At 5F2 it probably won't work for me!
    FREE USP and FREE US FROM COLLUSION!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Pancake81's Avatar
    Interesting. Will consider my standard thermarest kick it
    April 05, 2012 - The Day We Turned Back Time

My Guns Only Have TWO Enemies... Rust & Politicians
    Hi Wendy

These are really cool. I like the gaps for maintaining loft.
    The other klymit pads are very intriguing as well.
    I think I will try one to compare with my old thermarest.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

Come on into the store and try one out :D

I'll probably be putting up a tent or two in the store with these and some sleeping bags in them

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmboy View Post
    Come on into the store and try one out :D

I'll probably be putting up a tent or two in the store with these and some sleeping bags in them
    That works...........if we make the trip down from "the north" we can stay over. Thanks D. You really no how to takecare of customers.

I try :D