Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AR15 heavy buffers

CGN Ultra frequent flyer maurice's Avatar
    for full auto or suppressed firearms I heard the heavier buffer is preferred. Not much use in Canada...eh?
    HOT DOGS GIVE ME ENERGY, SO I CAN FIGHT OFF MY DEMONS

unless you fire full auto you don’t need a heavy buffer.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CdnCombatMedic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maurice View Post
    for full auto or suppressed firearms I heard the heavier buffer is preferred. Not much use in Canada...eh?
    Not true. It slows down cyclic making the gun run smoother and softer. Less wear also. I like to run H2 in all my AR's regardless on gas system.

I tried a H2 and my LMT DI did not like it at all , so I put a spikes T1 buffer in . Smooth as butter

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CdnCombatMedic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MauroUlisse View Post
    I tried a H2 and my LMT DI did not like it at all , so I put a spikes T1 buffer in . Smooth as butter
    What did you not like?

CGN Regular
    Every ar is different, don't be afraid to experiment. A few variables come into play, each typically minor, but add those variables together and your firearm gets a unique personality. Gas tube length, buffer spring, weight/smoothness of bcg, the efficiency of the entire gas system, ammo.....I usually start with an H2 (apx. 4.6oz), seems to work well for me. I really like the spikes t2, slightly lighter than an H2, but uses powder instead of solid weights. It feels smoother to me, but that idea could have been planted in my head from the product description. either way, im happy with it. I haven't owned a rifle length so I can't give much input there (standard h buffer maybe?). All that being said, I am interested in trying out one of these buffers as I would prefer to see my money stay in canada given the option...good price too
    Last edited by Bobbum Man; 08-04-2014 at 02:08 PM.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leg View Post
    You mention H2 in your original post. Obviously comparisons will be drawn between the two. The weight would be closer to an H buffer.

They look pretty slick. Did you guys change the design from a standard carbine buffer? I guess what I'm trying to ask is why such a discrepancy in weight? Or is there only one tungsten weight in there instead of two?

You should consider selling extra tungsten weights for those that like to experiment. A lot cheaper to swap weights then buy extra buffers.
    Ours have 3 weights and buffers inside them. There is no room left for another weight.
    The housing is the same as all other carbine buffers.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN Ultra frequent flyer JR Hartman's Avatar
    just reading Patrick Sweeny's excellent book called Gunsmithing the AR-15, and I retract my earlier statement regarding wanting to have my brass fall closer to me. Apparently its right where it is supposed to be.

BTW, the addition of your brake and buffer make the rifle nicer to shoot. its a carbine length gas system and it shoots softer now.
    the CGN formerly know as John_in_BC

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    Ours have 3 weights and buffers inside them. There is no room left for another weight.
    The housing is the same as all other carbine buffers.
    I understand that you have three weights inside. My question is how many of them are tungsten and how many stainless? An H buffer has one tungsten and two stainless, H2 has two tungsten and one stainless etc...

I know that there is no room for more weights. What I was trying to say is that if you sold just the weights then some of us average Joes could take our standard buffers with three stainless weights and mix and match until we found a combo that worked well with our rifle rather than having to buy two or three different buffers.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leg View Post
    I understand that you have three weights inside. My question is how many of them are tungsten and how many stainless? An H buffer has one tungsten and two stainless, H2 has two tungsten and one stainless etc...

I know that there is no room for more weights. What I was trying to say is that if you sold just the weights then some of us average Joes could take our standard buffers with three stainless weights and mix and match until we found a combo that worked well with our rifle rather than having to buy two or three different buffers.
    Ours have 3 tungsten weights in them.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123