Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Swiss Arms

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildcustom2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by s.crawford@me.com View Post
    OP, where are you getting this information? I'm not able to find any releases that mention a confiscation.
    http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...this-isnt-true

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    OK, I do not own one of these and do not exactly know about them but if the prohib comes from being a reworked auto receiver or something similar then an alternative would be to get together all the owners and sellers/ importers, and get a receiver made up which is semi auto!! Its not great but you get to keep your rifle and can turn in the prohib receiver! Just a thought!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    ^Had the exact same thought. Turn in the receiver, keep all other parts. Have a receiver made that is NOT a prohibited “variant” and “easily converted into full automatic”.

Problem is convincing the RCMP the new receiver is NOT simply same old receiver but different mfr.
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

BANNED
    Shouldn't even be considering turning them in.

BANNED
    why in the hell would anybody even consider turning a firearm of that value,,in,,,???,,,just because some whynie anti gun government says so LOL...these were NOT restricted,,so WHO has them anymore,,,there is no way for them to find them,,,so whats the big deal,,,would you rather give up your investment to add to some cops collection,,,or put it away for YOURSELF...and HOW exactly is the RCMP going to find out who all the owners are and send them registered letters informing them of the status of their previously UN-restricted firearm,,,???

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by burnaby View Post
    ^Had the exact same thought. Turn in the receiver, keep all other parts. Have a receiver made that is NOT a prohibited “variant” and “easily converted into full automatic”.

Problem is convincing the RCMP the new receiver is NOT simply same old receiver but different mfr.
    I know what you mean, but they will have a pile of the old receivers to compare them to!! Another thought is instead of giving them the gun or receiver dewat the receiver and then wait for the new legal receivers to arrive! Then they get nuttin!!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Maybe if John and JR both grew up a little, this would never of happened. From reading various threads on this forum through out the years, it seems like this is more about CSC and TSE, with the swiss arms and the rest of us being the victim. Surely, I can't be the only one who feels this way.....

Quote Originally Posted by enefgee View Post
    That's crap - if any one entity is responsible for this debacle it's Swiss Arms. They decided to refurb PE90's and sell them into the Canadian market as something other than what they are. This issue came to light because the refurb job was obvious to anyone familiar with the rifles. When one came into TSE they were legally bound to report the gun - just as any firearms owner has no right to remain silent, neither does a firearms business, and no sane person would risk their livelihood getting caught with a prohib rifle. This isn't highschool.
    If this "refurb" job was as obvious to anyone familiar with rifles, as you put it, why did TSE put themselves in this position to begin with by taking it in on trade to begin with? Ever think of that?

Even after the fact, they simply could have destroyed the firearm and had no further involvement in it. Their speculation is not considered legal fact and said rifle was classified legally as "non-restricted" so they wouldn't have been operating in a manner inconsistent with their legal obligations as a firearms dealer.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    or put it away for YOURSELF...and HOW exactly is the RCMP going to find out who all the owners are and send them registered letters informing them of the status of their previously UN-restricted firearm
    (1) if the reclassification is true, big if at this point:

(a) The RCMP do not have to send a letter to owners. They have in prior reclassifications because they had the ability. They no longer have the ability (maybe, high river suggests otherwise, but officially they don't) to send letters. Ignorance of the law is no excuse. If they reclassify it then possession of it becomes illegal, whether or not you got a letter.

(b) Keeping the firearm after it has been declared prohibited, and after your ability to appeal such a decision has expired, you are in possession of a prohibited firearm which is neither registered, nor are you licensed to possess it (unless you already had such a prohibited class on your license, in which case I'm jealous). You are now in breach of ss. 91 and 92 of the criminal code, and if you have ammo nearby, possibly s. 95, which carries a minimum sentence of 3 years imprisonment. You may have some defences available, but hiding it and hoping the authorities don't find it will eventually result in your whole collection being spread out on a table with someone from NWEST and your local constabulary talking about your "dangerous arsenal" that has now been "taken off the streets".

(c) The best option is to challenge the decision in court under s. 74 of the Firearms Act. For god's sake get a lawyer to do it, and expressly instruct him to argue that the standard of review under s. 74 is a standard of "correctness". Get him to talk to me about this aspect and I will explain why this is so critically important.
    *None of the foregoing constitutes legal advice particular to your situation, if you are seeking a legal opinion please retain counsel.

How can any supplier or manufacturer be blamed, when they were simply following the law...(sorry, my question mark doesn`t work). There`s a lot of ``hate`` for our PC gov`t, but from what I hear, if Junior Trudeau gets in, things will get worse.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast