Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Swiss Arms

I don't understand why everyone is focusing on how it got banned. In law you seek out the beginning of an event to who caused you damage. If I owned a swiss arms which I don't, I would trace back to how the FRT originally got issued. Obviously, the FRT was issued for one of two reasons; The RCMP made a mistake and were negligent in their duties to classify it properly, or someone committed fraud in representing these rifles as something they weren't. In light of the RCMP saying they won't reimburse anyone for the rifles and actually saying seek out the seller, I believe and this is my opinion here, that they are saying go after who caused the problem. I would get all swiss arms owners get together, hire a lawyer and start a class action lawsuit. I would also demand the RCMP investigate if there was fraud involved in getting these rifles classified and charges be laid to those persons involved. 1800 people have been defrauded by some shady dealings to get a rifle classified improperly. Go after the source who caused the damage. If these rifles were brought in properly to begin with this never would have happened. Again this is all just my opinion and is not legal advice.

'

"I didn't know" is all you gotta say.

Come and take it

CGN Ultra frequent flyer grelmar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by richmyster View Post
    "I didn't know" is all you gotta say.
    No. Ignorance of the law is not a defence in the eyes of the law.

If you take the "What? Prohibited? Really?" approach, at best, you might get a better deal from the prosecutor, or some leniency from the judge. At worst, you'll get extra time for contempt. In this case, the second is more likely, because this has been a hot issue in the Firearms community for a long time, and it won't be difficult for them to prove you did know, or at least should have known, if you spend time at public/private ranges, are a part of the larger firearm community in any way.

Just having an account here, which is dead easy to trace back to a home computer IP address, would be fairly incriminating, as far as likely knowledge of the reclassification is concerned.

Also, the current Firearm Act laws are written in a way that puts the onus of remaining appraised of the legal status of arms in the hands of the owner of the arms.

This reclassification is B.S. - but unless you have deep pockets to fund a team of lawyers (and given the price of the Swiss Arms rifle, I wouldn't be at all shocked to find out some of the owners are of the deep pocket variety), play along, smile, do what the police ask, and write your MP.

And all this is based off a FB post, at the moment. There has yet to be any official word or news release from the Firearms Centre.

There are going to be a lot of threads on the Swiss Arms topic. We would like to keep our forum focused on new products, etc. Thank you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123