Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2121415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Swiss Arms - Class action lawsuit

I have to give the conservatives credit they seem to be stepping up to the plate, I have received responses from both the PM's office and my local MP Bob Zimmer who is a gun owner himself and is outraged at the RCMP's actions...Top shelf these guys...I've met and spoken to Bob Zimmer in person and he is a stand-up guy...Conservatives for the win......:D

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by vansicle View Post
    I have to give the conservatives credit they seem to be stepping up to the plate, I have received responses from both the PM's office and my local MP Bob Zimmer who is a gun owner himself and is outraged at the RCMP's actions...Top shelf these guys...I've met and spoken to Bob Zimmer in person and he is a stand-up guy...Conservatives for the win......:D
    At first I was hesitant to believe, to build my hope beyond a dream. Then I met my MP in person and heard the news for myself, that we can get rid of the firearms act.

Now my hope isn't a dream, it's a real tangible goal. Together we can achieve the complete elimination of the firearms act, but only together through a united voice.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jericho's Avatar
    Yup, I believe the RCMP really shot themselves in the foot with this one

No pun intended?

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
    Yup, I believe the RCMP really shot themselves in the foot with this one
    Otium reficit vires

Quote Originally Posted by id64 View Post
    With all due respect to this forum owners and moderators - I think it's time to change the name of it. General public is getting a negative vibe from the combination of words "Gun" and "Nuts". Just my 2C
    Ya? and 'Rabble' has a positive connotation?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ban-...sion-1.2562933

A little more info on how the ban happened

Quote Originally Posted by colonel1972 View Post
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ban-...sion-1.2562933

A little more info on how the ban happened
    found this in the comments section, it was awesome!

Lets look at the statistics shall we? The number of people killed by:
    1) Michael Byrant = 1
    2) Swiss Arms Rifle = 0

Michael Byrant has a history of road rage incidents and has commited homicide using a vehicle. Michael Byrant is more dangerous to public safety in Canada than this rifle, and he has absolutely no credibility when it comes to talking about public safety.
    "Gun control first enslaves; then it kills. That is just one more price the politicians and their allied beneficiaries of the state are happy for others to pay."

CGN Regular
    I would like to see the proof of that.

FYI. He dosent make any sence in this article.

It's CBC! You don't really expect them to make any sense at the best of times do you?

My MP Larry Miller did this....

Miller Seconds M-452-Firearms Act

Ottawa, ON – Recently, Larry Miller, MP for Bruce-Grey-Owen Sound, seconded M-452, a motion put forward in the House of Commons by Cheryl Gallant, MP for Renfrew-Nipissing-Pembroke, that deals with firearms reclassifications and various reforms to firearms regulation.

M-452 would amend Sections 117, 118 and 119 of the Firearms Act to establish a “Firearms Experts Technical Committee with the goal of restoring public confidence in the functions and operations of the Canadian Firearms Registration System. This committee would be permanent and would oversee such things as firearms reclassifications and would have regulatory powers with regards to the safe handling of firearms.

Essentially, M-452 would remove the responsibility from the RCMP for classifying categories of firearms and place this responsibility within the scope of the duties of the Firearms Experts Technical Committee. The committee would be composed of the following members: 1) RCMP, 2) Ontario Forensic Centre, 3) four individuals appointed to the committee as civilian firearms experts. Furthermore, M-452 would place a moratorium on firearms reclassification until the permanent committee is in place.

“Having a safe, fair and transparent firearms registration system is a top priority for law-abiding hunters, anglers and sportsmen and indeed all Canadians,” said Miller. “This motion will end the arbitrary reclassification of firearms and will establish a committee that oversees firearms registration in an open and transparent fashion and that operates with direct civilian oversight.”