Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213141516171819202123 ... LastLast

Thread: Federal gun grab?

There have been calls to write letters to your MP about this issue which I am all for. My question is, my MP is with the NDP. Will it even resonate with him or any other party about our concerns? Mind you I am not saying we should roll over and take this, I am just looking for guidance.

I agree with the simple answer,give for the current owners the prohibited status on their PAL.Would save a lot of problem,but still feel sorry for the hunters.

Sent letters, emails, and made phone calls to all government members in my area... Hoping for the best.

Signed up four new NFA and CSSA members this morning. We need everyone-hunters and sport shooters alike. Time to unite.
    R
    Wishing I was Fishing, Flying or Shooting

Briefing memos sent to policy advisers in the Ministers office are recommending that the VZ58 family also be reclassified

Quote Originally Posted by Strangeday View Post
    Briefing memos sent to policy advisers in the Ministers office are recommending that the VZ58 family also be reclassified
    Sounds like we all need to wake up and call our MPs office.

Alright i'm skipping ahead a bit here, but here's a good question...
    If our non-restricted rifles are not registered (including semi-autos), who's to say that I own any other firearms at all except for my registered 1911 and AR? There's no paper trail saying I still own them, or any paper trail saying I own guns privately bought since the LGR was scrapped. Aside from raiding my house, police wouldn't know what I have. Assuming, they even find them, because if there was ever a gun grab i'd sure as hell be hiding my NR's in several places not at home.

*cough* I'll just leave this here...
    http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/wood115.html
    "All a gun does is focus an explosion in one direction."

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by metalslug View Post
    Alright i'm skipping ahead a bit here, but here's a good question...
    If our non-restricted rifles are not registered (including semi-autos), who's to say that I own any other firearms at all except for my registered 1911 and AR? There's no paper trail saying I still own them, or any paper trail saying I own guns privately bought since the LGR was scrapped. Aside from raiding my house, police wouldn't know what I have. Assuming, they even find them, because if there was ever a gun grab i'd sure as hell be hiding my NR's in several places not at home.

*cough* I'll just leave this here...
    http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/wood115.html
    Do what you feel is best but understand you would probably go to jail if caught.

You are exactly correct, Sir ! It is no secret that Mr Harper is a liberal in a blue suit. This did not happen without his prior knowledge. Mr Blaney was selected because he is a lap dog for Steve. Mr Toews was not (and of course he found something better to do). Everyone must remember how when the Firearms Advisory Committee recommended relaxing some classifications from prohib status, how the PM reacted. Bob Rae stood up in the House and challenged Mr Harper about it. Mr Harper, without hesitation, agreed with his Liberal buddy, and the recommendations were quashed. Shortly thereafter several well educated and informed civilian members of the committee were dismissed and replaced with police officers. Have no delusions about it, this is approved by the PMO. And High River ? maybe not approved, but a blind eye turned to it. What is needed is a concerted effort to DUMP HARPER and replace him with a real conservative. Enough of this dog poo !
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkNBeans View Post
    "Elections may change Government but the behind the scenes bureaucracy remains unchanged and they work away to their own agenda."
    If ever there was a Government where this is not the case, you have it now. The current PMO keeps a tight rein on every Ministry and any bureaucrat that step out of line with the PMO might as update their resume. Heck, even Ministers tow the line with this PMO like non before. There is one agenda, the PMO's agenda.
    So, John, the buck stops at the PMO on this one and to place any efforts at some 'bureaucratic boogie man' is misplaced efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangeday View Post
    Reading this has literally made me feel sick to my stomach. If there was ever a time that we all need to stand together it looks like that time is now.