Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: Federal gun grab?

Quote Originally Posted by jcsmith View Post
    I agree we need to stand up as a group, but I don't think it is a good idea to write statements like "If a firearm can be converted to fully automatic with “relative ease and time” (Not the exact wording) it is deemed prohibited. This is a terrible court decision, just about any firearm can be converted to full automatic. Most semi auto firearms with a reciprocating charging handle can be converted to full automatic with a piece of string! Where will this end up" as the anti gun people who troll these forums may take this and run with it.imho
    I admit you have a valid concern but the information is on the internet. I believe in education, research the Charlton, it was a War time expedient to convert a bolt action Lee Enfield into a LMG. I bet I could walk into any farm work shop Canada with a pocket full of 9 mm or 12 gauge shells and make a lethal firearm with in a day with the scrap that is laying around and normal shop tools, Either a "Bang Stick" or "STEN type" automatic. during WWII resistance fighters all over Europe made guns out of gas pipe , electric conduit etc, not pretty but they worked. The best single shot handgun I have ever seen was made in a top security prison work shop in the UK under the nose of the guards, ammo was made from nail gun blanks stolen from a construction gang working in the prison. Yes gun control really works!

CGN Regular
    We're all onboard, but what do we do?

Contact the various organizations, NFA, CSSA and CSAAA and tell them to unite? Demand they unite or will stop paying our dues?

I'm an NFA member and I have one question/criticism that I'll air here. I think the efforts put into rounding up the daily media report, would be better put towards efforts to change our gun laws, lobby politicians, or inform the uninformed who try to oppress us. By all means, send out important stuff, like this SAN reclassification, or High River gun grab. But about 99% of the stuff in the daily media report is just fluff rounded up to fill a daily media report. Not what I thought I was paying dues for.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BobtheHuman View Post
    I'm a College student, so money isn't exactly my strong suit, but I'll try my best to help fund the fight.
    I may been born too late to have owned full-autos here in Canada, but I sure as hell wouldn't want my children to be born into deactivated paper weights.
    I just came from a country that pretty much done that,no semi-auto's at all except for .22's,I LOVE my wee collection I have here in Canada!

Last edited by Stuto; 03-03-2014 at 06:04 PM.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    I'm an NFA member and I have one question/criticism that I'll air here. I think the efforts put into rounding up the daily media report, would be better put towards efforts to change our gun laws, lobby politicians, or inform the uninformed who try to oppress us. By all means, send out important stuff, like this SAN reclassification, or High River gun grab. But about 99% of the stuff in the daily media report is just fluff rounded up to fill a daily media report. Not what I thought I was paying dues for.
    I would agree, would rather see some meat on the plate instead of a bunch of lettuce.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

I understand why they would prohibit short barreled weapons for concealing reasons, but automatics? Let me get this straight - "That's too many bullets, too fast. You could do a lot of damage with that if you decide to blow a circuit one day and go postal." One guy with a 30-round mag on full auto has the potential to go nuts = dangerous, but 5 or 6 guys with legal semi-auto's and the potential to go nuts = ok? I'm sure you can argue that for the latter to happen, you would need 5 or 6 people with the same nutjob intentions as opposed to one. Still the logic doesn't sit with me.

Also, who's to say someone couldn't buy a deactivated auto and make it fully operational again? It's just steel. Given access to the right machines, tools, and technical knowledge, any firearm can be made operational again.
    "All a gun does is focus an explosion in one direction."

Quote Originally Posted by metalslug View Post
    you would need 5 or 6 people with the same nutjob intentions as opposed to one. Still the logic doesn't sit with me.

Also, who's to say someone couldn't buy a deactivated auto and make it fully operational again? It's just steel. Given access to the right machines, tools, and technical knowledge, any firearm can be made operational again.
    You don't even need 5 or 6 people , nor need to modify anything. this was proven by a sheriff in the US. see link below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjnsBH9jGxc

Take my money

Unite

Take Mine too I would support that

Is this the same government we elected because they were friendly to firearms and gun owners? Seems like we were lied to and sucked in but good.
    Weller soldering gun
    Hot glue gun
    Powershot forward action staple and nail gun
    Super Soaker