Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Swiss Arms - Don't turn them in!

Do the RCMP give any $$$ when u turn them in or are you out $2-3000? Also, what's with all the hype of a conservative govt. being pro gun? Wasn't this gun imported during liberal govt.? Just a thought to those who pan any party other than the conservative's- seems as though they're as harmful to my hobby as everyone else who get slammed via CGN forums! Just an opinion and that's based on observations.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SWAT View Post
    Doesn't arms east have to turn them in too or be faced with possession of prohib charges? I thought prohib rights were only for grandfathered firearms
    If they can have prohibited firearms on the business license they might be able to have anything.

I lent my rifle out... I can't move it since it's prohibited... o well it's stuck at a location...

Quote Originally Posted by aaron042671 View Post
    Do the RCMP give any $$$ when u turn them in or are you out $2-3000? Also, what's with all the hype of a conservative govt. being pro gun? Wasn't this gun imported during liberal govt.? Just a thought to those who pan any party other than the conservative's- seems as though they're as harmful to my hobby as everyone else who get slammed via CGN forums! Just an opinion and that's based on observations.

No compensation according to CNFA's post on FB

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...=1#post9768172

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Recce21's Avatar
    You know what is a REAL kick in the nuts?
    Written into the Firearms Act is that confiscated rifles such as the Swiss Arms can be taken by the RCMP without compensating the owners and then transferred to the CFO to be redistributed among the Police agencies in Canada.
    So the RCMP can take your rifle, give you sweet #### all for it, and use it to kick in the next buddies door. Free rifles for the RCMP!
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron042671 View Post

Impressive! Good work guys!

CGN frequent flyer Siggy Stardust's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Recce21 View Post
    You know what is a REAL kick in the nuts?
    Written into the Firearms Act is that confiscated rifles such as the Swiss Arms can be taken by the RCMP without compensating the owners and then transferred to the CFO to be redistributed among the Police agencies in Canada.
    So the RCMP can take your rifle, give you sweet #### all for it, and use it to kick in the next buddies door. Free rifles for the RCMP!
    ...not if it's cut into pieces with a torch and served up in a brown paper bag...

And another big thanks here to Arms East for showing integrity and doing what they can to fight the good fight. Not a SAN owner, but regardless, I will be throwing as much business as I can your way for the foreseeable future.
    Last edited by Siggy Stardust; 02-28-2014 at 03:43 AM. Reason: Arms East correction - sorry

CGN Regular
    I heard everyone who owned a Swiss Arm's rifle sold it the day after the long gun registry was scrapped. Don't know where they all are now

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy Stardust View Post
    ...not if it's cut into pieces with a torch and served up in a brown paper bag...

And another big thanks here to NEA for showing integrity and doing what they can to fight the good fight. Not a SAN owner, but regardless, I will be throwing as much business as I can your way for the foreseeable future.
    Its arms east dude......have nt heard NEA stance
    [/IMG]http://gifs.gifbin.com/092010/1284543188_machine-gun-intimidation.gif

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stevebot-7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Recce21 View Post
    How does someone get a rifle that is now prohib to a dealer since the CFO wont issue an ATT for prohib rifles?
    Arrange for a courier to do door-to-door service. That way neither the sender nor recipient are transporting it, and as such no transport paperwork is required.
    Death comes by subtle means; the satisfaction of routine.
    Lifetime member of CSSA and NFA.