Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8101112131415161718192021222324252628 ... LastLast

Thread: JR Cox comments on the Swiss Arms situation

I forgive the man, but not his actions.

Quote Originally Posted by kalashnikov View Post
    JR, can you tell us wich other firearms your "due dilligence"plans to send to RCMP for possible reclassification?

Reminds me I have to call the cops as I just saw a car driving 90km/h in a 70km/h zone...
    I would rather hear him say "I've learned my lesson, I won't do it again" than just say "sorry, my "small" implication in this **** you up."

I own a 858, BRS99, plenty of AR, SKS, just to name a few. Whats next?

We all know all RCMP needs is a small excuse to ban. This excuse was served on a silver platter. They probably laugh when they got it from a firearm dealer...

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    Yup I for one live in Calgary and am done with the shooting edge I will never step foot in that store again, and not just because of this event I've had multiple run ins with staff who pretend they know what they are talking about when they have no clue I end up purchasing a product on behalf on the knowledge given from staff and when I get home my parts don't fit.
    Twice this has happened. I mean if You don't know the answers to somethings don't make sh!t up and give people false information.
    And than get this I go to return the item and they say no returns no refunds it's are policy. Well I have a policy too sh!tty service = loss of business.
    And now this to top everything off
    Yes my attitude towards them is crappy but I feel I have been wronged on more than 1 occasion.

CGN Regular
    Damage control time! Bad for business, you know!

Alberta beef tastes better than eating crow! As an optimist I would like to think he started a fight to make real change to our gun laws and open the eyes of Canadians to the abuse of powers of the RCMP. The ball is rolling and we must keep up the pressure. We must show the RCMP and the government that they have poked the sleeping bear one to many times.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    [QUOTE=kalashnikov;9790

We all know all RCMP needs is a small excuse to ban. This excuse was served on a silver platter. They probably laugh when they got it from a firearm dealer...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer farmer47's Avatar
    i am impressed with this mans apology and his commitment to move forward on the issue.i for one do not believe there is any public safety issue with any firearm and hold the opinion that there should be no restrictions on any gun regardless of looks or action.the last time i spoke my mind on gun classification and those responsible for its enforcement i got a well deserved infraction . things have literally gone to hell since then. if we do not fight with our money, time, and voice on this present action by the rcmp we will have lost all our guns as there will be no stopping them .it is of utmost importance to pull together and leave behind any differences that we may have or we will end up with nothing to squabble over .i urge you to phone , write and visit your member of parliament , write the newspaper and generally inform every one you come in contact with what is happening . keep it civil and stress the fact that they are taking away legal property with no compensation. were is the public safety concern with these guns as i for one do not believe there is one . i look at this action as vindictive by the rcmp and not one of honest police work . if the rcmp was honest about this they would have to agree. i thank those members of the police force that have spoken out on this issue and realize the bind you find yourself in but i urge you to speak up as this is no situation to be proud of .it is about democracy and fairness to all citizens not just gun owners .

Right or wrong, good or bad, takes courage to stand up and try to save your butt and business
    in public and face the music. Right or wrong, good or bad.
    MEMBER: NFA-CSSA-EOSC-OACETT-IEEE-TSSA-CPC

"Perhaps a solution is to let provinces find different solutions. What's important is protecting Quebecers from gun violence." Trudeau vers. 2.0

JR and his business took a lot of heat for this issue, and is taking responsibility for it. That said, I believe we will gain support from Canadians not involved in the shooting sports. By JR following the law and not appearing to be a criminal, which is what the RCMP would have made him out to be if he was caught sweeping this issue under the rug. I believe it would have made the gun community as a whole, businesses included, as a group that can not be trusted. Now the focus has been put back on the RCMP and their actions.

Quote Originally Posted by cet View Post
    Right or wrong, good or bad, takes courage to try to save your butt and business in public and face the music. Right or wrong, good or bad.

...It's the only card he had left to play...