Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8182021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: JR Cox comments on the Swiss Arms situation

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fall Guy View Post
    The Minister announces an Amnesty with no details. I'd hazard a guess it's because even his office is demanding ALL THE FACTS so that they don't get blindsided by the RCMP AGAIN when they do respond with an interim solution.

As well, every major news outlet has tried to contact the RCMP for comment since the announcement of the bans and subsequent amnesty and they have not responded with a single word. They are, obviously, playing this game with the cards very close to chest which gives me an uneasy feeling there is more to this story, and worse, more to come.
    When the RCMP was doing it's investigation and Cox was supplying the info it must have come to an impasse or we would not be where we are today with all the rifles being prohibited. Something must have happened, why it appears to be a secret nobody is saying.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

We must fight guys!... Email Phone and wright. Ur PM keep the pressure up guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Norincodude View Post
    The more I learn about JR, the less I want his involvement in our community.
    Although he isn't responsible for the CZ chitshow, he is 100% responsible for the Swiss Arms fiasco - No ifs, ands or buts. This man, motivated by greed and low moral character is entirely responsible for the Swiss Arms situation. How any of you here can give him a pass utterly bewilders me.
    Agreed, Being in the industry, there was a lot more motive on his part than people know about. All I can say is thanks a lot JR for f**cking it up for everyone else.
    I'd rather chip 100 than smash 99

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by dorikaze View Post
    Agreed, Being in the industry, there was a lot more motive on his part than people know about. All I can say is thanks a lot JR for f**cking it up for everyone else.
    Lets focus on the battle at hand. I was just as pissed off with TSE as everyone else. Looking at the big picture the opportunity is here to completely get rid of the firearms act. If we manage this feat, JR's greed will have paid off for everyone.

Hell, even if the firearms act does get abolished over this (long shot), I'll still never give another dime to that man

I would like some clarification here. I dug into a bunch of news articles and such and the consensus I got was that there were a number of refurbished rifles built on different receivers in Switzerland, and passed of as classic greens for the Canadian market. When JR brought this to the attention of the RCMP, (which i agree is proper due diligence) they went overboard and began a private ban of the entire family. Now my understanding is that the rifles in question were converted auto receivers and not classic greens and would not be the same rifle in anything but appearance, which as we have seen before tends to be the way RCMP classify firearms. While i agree that RCMP is definitely at fault here especially for not doing things on the up and up as far as access to information, and firearms classification is concerned was there a batch of rifles that were converted autos passed off as Swiss arms classic greens?
    "And they are ignorant that the purpose of the sword is to save every man from slavery"
    lucanus 64 A.D.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer HeadDamage's Avatar
    The rifles that the TSE submitted as correct classic greens turned out to have auto reveivers and not the CSC rifles.
    Remember remember early December
    Coalition, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why coalition, treason
    Should ever be forgot...

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadDamage View Post
    The rifles that the TSE submitted as correct classic greens turned out to have auto reveivers and not the CSC rifles.
    This is incorrect: none of the receivers were converted auto, but the RCMP technicians didn't ask so didn't know better.
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

CGN Ultra frequent flyer HeadDamage's Avatar
    Anyway... no auto receivers then. but one way or another they are now being identified as semi auto versions of the SG550 rifles.
    Remember remember early December
    Coalition, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why coalition, treason
    Should ever be forgot...

Quote Originally Posted by NavyCuda View Post
    Lets focus on the battle at hand. I was just as pissed off with TSE as everyone else. Looking at the big picture the opportunity is here to completely get rid of the firearms act. If we manage this feat, JR's greed will have paid off for everyone.
    … You're kidding right?