Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141626 ... LastLast

Thread: JR Cox comments on the Swiss Arms situation

He's not responsible for how the RCMP acted. If we go after ourselves every time the RCMP or anyone else does something against gun owners we'll just make their job that much easier.

That is exactly how a man should act. I think he'd make one hell of a Prime Minister. full stop.
    The path of least resistance is what makes men and rivers crooked

CGN frequent flyer
    I only know of this saga through the forums on CGN,.. after reading the angry rants and then hearing this fella state his case, I tend to want to believe him

but maybe we will never know the real (whole) story...

United we stand, divided we fall IMHO
    The Liberal Philosophy
    If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. If it stops moving, subsidize it.

"any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by toomanyhobbies View Post
    Grow a pair and stand up with the rest of us. Hiding your head in the sand will get you nowhere. The truth is that if we do nothing, they'll take them ALL.
    I'm sorry who are you to tell me to Grow a pair? And where did I say to not do anything? I simply said that statement works both ways. That sort of naivete is what started this whole mess.

Thanks

Shotgun

Well said JR. Well we may not like the situation, now is not the time to crucify a leader in the firearms community who can actually help make a difference.

Ballsy, but none of it helps anyone keep their Swiss arms if the government goes ahead. Can't forgive that, but bravo to those who can. Realistically, if these are seized without compensation, they only way to try to rebuild the broken trust would be a refund to the owners, and that would cost too much to be feasible. IMHO, damage is done.
    karma is only justice without the satisfaction

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck75 View Post
    Ballsy, but none of it helps anyone keep their Swiss arms if the government goes ahead. Can't forgive that, but bravo to those who can. Realistically, if these are seized without compensation, they only way to try to rebuild the broken trust would be a refund to the owners, and that would cost too much to be feasible. IMHO, damage is done.
    If he is honest, and time will tell, then it's worth giving him a second chance. Sometimes people can learn from their mistakes, I try to.

Awesome Vid JR. This is exactly the kind of thing we need happening every day in this country, until we can get some reasonable gun control reform. Current laws are bull#### feelgood rulings from folks who've never held a gun, let alone own one or twelve. You have my support entirely!

very good response I hope all the venders start donating a % of each sale to this or something. or add a donation option at check out that would goto this most wont mind if they know where its going.
    RIP LGR

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Fall Guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigNConnor View Post
    drop 'compensation' from the discussion !? Well you obviously are NOT a SA owner,
    With all due respect, I had a firearm go from non-restricted to prohibited over a decade ago. I can't even take the thing to the range. There is no market for these guns. The re-classification should never have happened in the first place and we should let the politicians know that compensation is not acceptable, a change in the laws which rectifies this crap is the only solution that we're prepared to accept. Look where being flexible has gotten us. Enough. Time to push back.