Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10,000 new criminals in Canada today – new firearms ban

Expired Business Member

10,000 new criminals in Canada today – new firearms ban

If you don’t own firearms you should still be alarmed that the police can turn you from a regular person to a criminal in a matter of second and then seize your property.

With no more than a few keystrokes the RCMP has effectively banned two previous legal rifles – the Swiss Arms carbine/rifle and the Czech CZ858 – without compensation.

The Swiss Arms rifle is a semi-automatic version of the current Swiss military rifle used by target shooters and hunters across Canada. There are number of Swiss Clubs/Associations across Canada who, as a part of Swiss culture and citizenship obligation shoot this rifle on a regular basis.

These are precision rifles with an average value of $3,000 – there are approximately 2,000 of these rifles in Canada. To put that in perspective $6 million in private property is about to be seized.

The Czech CZ858 is a look-alike of the Russian AK47 but entirely mechanically different – none of the internal parts are the same. This rifle has been imported into Canada since 2005 and is regularly used for hunting and sports shooting for the last 7 years.

Approximately 9,000 of these rifles have been legally imported each with a retail value of $700.

Both of these rifles were imported with the full approval of the RCMP after a thorough inspection by the RCMP Firearms Laboratory to ensure that they comply with the Canadian Firearms Act.

Earlier this week these rifle were completely legal – the purchasers of these rifles all have Firearms Possession and Acquisition Licenses, went through a 3 to 6 month waiting period and paid up to $80 for an RCMP criminal record and background check.

This all changed over the last two days. The RCMP has decided that these rifles are now illegal and have now changed the classification of 11,000 of these rifles to Prohibited.

In the Criminal Code of Canada (Section 91), every person commits an offence who possesses a firearm without being the holder of (b) in the case of a prohibited firearm or a restricted firearm, a registration certificate for it is guilty of the crime of "Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm".

Every person who commits an offense under Section 91 is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years; or of an offense punishable on summary conviction.

Are you more in danger now that these firearms are prohibited when no more than 48 hours ago these rifles were completely legal?

Will you be safer when the RCMP come and seize these rifles from people who have licenses, legally have gone through all the background checks, jumped through all the hoops and have legally purchased and used these firearms for the last 10 years?

I don't think so

Even though many of you may not be interested in firearms, we are asking the Canadian public to join with firearms owners and tell the Harper Government and the RCMP that creating 10,000 new criminals in Canada doesn't make Canada any safer.

Background

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/swis...ment-1.2555746

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/...wners-worried/

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/ottawa-...ifle-1.1708779

Please feel free to share via social media - Link to our website blog - http://ctcsupplies.ca/blogs/news/125...w-firearms-ban

That's the way she goes...
    I didn't invent the turtle neck, but I was the first to recognize it's potential as a tactical garment... Tactical turtle neck. Tactlneck.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

the firearms ACT is flawed and must GO! We are the only ones who can attempt en masse to get enough attention to this matter as a group!!! The RCMP is seemingly poking the bear, and if we do not react then "other" guns will include anything more than single shots!!! As a law abiding firearms owner in Canada, you are now being attacked!! How you respond will determine for GENERATIONS TO COME the freedoms/recreation/enjoyment/hunting/sport shooting they will or will not be able to enjoy in our "free" country.
    GET YOUR PENS OUT, TYPE YOUR LETTERS, SEND YOUR EMAILS, KNOCK ON YOUR MP'S DOOR. JUST DO SOMETHING OTHER THAN "ASKING"

To bad non gun owners can't see the big picture, it's a sad day when you get robbed of your possessions but you can't call the police because they are the ones robbing you.......I'm going to do all I can because I want to teach my kids how to shoot firearms one day,not show them pictures and tell them what it was like before they were taken away.

CGN Regular
    Surprisingly, every single one of those non-restricted 858's were sold to Mike from Canmore on Feb 25th (PAL# 12345678) for the princely sum of $1. I suspect the (former) owners will all have a signed and dated bill of sale proving it.
    Last edited by Ko1; 02-28-2014 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Spelling & grammar error

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DJdeadlyDALEK's Avatar
    They don't need to have bills of sale. We don't have to keep records or even check that someone has their PAL in a private sale. We only to be fairly certain that the buyer has his license. That's it.

Check my latest started threads for current firearms up for sale!

Just wrote and sent my letter to Steven Harper, everybody needs to get off their butt and write your MP or Harper. Join the NFA or CSSA. We really need to let them know how we feel about this.
    Now I have to go visit my friend Mike in Canmore to play with all his guns.

We must be strong and proud gun owners. We must fight guys for our rights and free country that our Soldiers die for!.... Not this wrong doing by the RCMP, Unreal guys.... Hahah guess that home invaders were not bad guys to brake in ur home but instead will be the RCMP very nice.

Emails don't mean anything. Letters, put it in writing.

Reading the articles, CBC, National Post, etc. a few things came to my mind:

1. The government is quick to throw the beauracrats under the boss and act like they had nothing to do with it and all that, but how can they act like they didn't know or didn't approve it? The public safety minister knew, signed off, and by extension the PM. They must think we're stupid or something.

2. If we didn't have the means of communication we do today and moved as fast as we did, and made such a fuss about it, would the government even care? Was this a test to see if we would take notice.

Watching the response of the public safety secretary actually made me a little sick. Outraged about something that you clearly knew about and signed off on? All options are on the table? Really? Like actually changing the law in regards to named prohibiteds and variants nonsense? Or is it now that you've realized that you can't just outlaw over $12000000 in privately held property with no compensation without someone noticing?
    Last edited by cobra_on_speed; 03-01-2014 at 03:07 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast